SIMster pets

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

My mare, Nem. Who was shown as Nemesis.

Us at a show. This was the "victory trot" we got to take. No galloping for the kiddies. Poo on them.

One of my five cats. Her name is George... My mom, I dunno.

I can't seem to find pics of my other four cats, who we have have much longer. Go figure. Also have Pete, Chunk, Ruby, and Fenceter in the kitty department.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ara Davies wrote: I have a ferret. His name is Revan, Dark Lord of the Ferrets. I don't have any pictures of him on this computer or else I would find a way to spam all of you with cute ferret pics.
I always wanted a ferret, but they're illegal where I live. BOOOOOOO. :(

In second grade I did a project on black-footed ferrets. That was when my infatuation began. Does Roo get into a lot of trouble, or is he more angelic?
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

Sarah Chase wrote:
In second grade I did a project on black-footed ferrets. That was when my infatuation began. Does Roo get into a lot of trouble, or is he more angelic?
where do you live? why are they illegal???
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Roo is a stinky buttface but I love him to death. Like all ferrets, he's intensely curious and likes to knock things over as much as possible.

Ferrets are illegal in California and a few cities (like New York City). California claims if they get loose they can make feral colonies and harm local wildlife. This is ridiculous because most pet ferrets are neutered and ferrets have been bred for curiosity, which means they don't live too long in the wild because they don't know to run away from things that could harm them. In fact, they'll run TOWARDS these things. They're not going to transmit rabies; there's not a single case of a human in the United States catching rabies from a ferret.

A lot of people also confuse them with the black-footed ferret, which is an American species (the domestic ferret is European) that has not been domesticated. The domestic, or pet, or hunting ferret has been domesticated for hundreds if not thousands of years and is like a dog or cat, not like a tamed squirrel or raccoon or whatever.

If you like cats you'd like ferrets because they're like kittens who never grow up. :)
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

AH! I totally want a goose named Bob! That's *so* cool.

And my dog is a mutt from the SPCA, an adorable mutt though. *g*
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I've got 1 cat (snowshoe, from the humane society), 1 bunny ( a dutch banded named Spike, that I got form the research place that i used to work at.), 7.0625 horses (Timber a 21yo QHx Gelding, Onnya a 20yo Paso Fino mare, Tiffany(M River Tiffany) a 7yo Morgan mare, Dolly(A Classic Peregrin Paean), Molly(A Classic Whimbrel) and Polly(A Classic Kestrel Klee) 3 yearling Pinto Ponies, Mixer a Moriesian (Mixed Messages) (1/2 friesian 1/2 morgan) yearling and 6.25% of Pyro (Unnamed) a TB weanling filly by Shot of Gold/Miss Fatima(legde of Night). I also have 4 barn cats Blinker, Patches, oliver and the lone female Shrimp. We also have a jersey steer calf, Kandji well his full nameis Irukandgi, but we call him Kandji. He's super cooool!

Pyro

Mixer (he needed his feet trimmed badly in this picture... they are now nice and cute again.)

Tiffany, when she was 10 months pregnant... LOL, Timber is in the background.

The Ollys aren't up and neither is Onnya. I need to get some pics of them uploaded.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Hey look I found pictures!

This is Patches, my appy.

This is April, my Quarter Horse mix.

These are the pups, the two beagles and the lab mix.

That's not all the pets, but that's most of them anyway. B)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I'm so jelous of all the grass and greenness in most of your pics. Here in Orange County horsey land is hard to come by, and my mare only gets to hand graze on weeds before they come through and chop 'em down.

And I had heard ferrets were illegal here because they would kill farmers' chickens if they got loose. Back in the day when California was mostly farmland, of course...
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ara Davies wrote: Roo is a stinky buttface but I love him to death. Like all ferrets, he's intensely curious and likes to knock things over as much as possible.

A lot of people also confuse them with the black-footed ferret, which is an American species (the domestic ferret is European) that has not been domesticated.
Yeah, I knew that domesticated ferrets have been around for ages. I just meant that researching black-footed ferrets got me keen on other types of ferrets, since I didn't know what a ferret was before the project. :)

I live in Hawaii where ferrets are illegal.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Ali LaDuke wrote: I'm so jelous of all the grass and greenness in most of your pics.  Here in Orange County horsey land is hard to come by, and my mare only gets to hand graze on weeds before they come through and chop 'em down.
Believe me, I wish we didn't have *quite* so much. Our horses are extremely fat (as you can see) and since I've had health issues lately I haven't been able to ride much- and we would keep them in our "little pen" but April will NOT stay penned up (we have an electric fence, and she just goes right on through and gets nasty wire cuts in the process)... we did try to keep just Patches penned but their shelter is in the smaller pen and it thunderstormed one night and April wound up getting completely loose and ran into our woodshed to have something over her head. And we once put some of my granddad's cows in with them to help keep the grass down, but April chased them and attacked them (or really tried to kill them), so needless to say we took them away. April, April, April... <_< She's lucky I heart her.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Emily Mitchell wrote:
Believe me, I wish we didn't have *quite* so much. Our horses are extremely fat (as you can see) and since I've had health issues lately I haven't been able to ride much- and we would keep them in our "little pen" but April will NOT stay penned up (we have an electric fence, and she just goes right on through and gets nasty wire cuts in the process)... we did try to keep just Patches penned but their shelter is in the smaller pen and it thunderstormed one night and April wound up getting completely loose and ran into our woodshed to have something over her head. And we once put some of my granddad's cows in with them to help keep the grass down, but April chased them and attacked them (or really tried to kill them), so needless to say we took them away. April, April, April... <_< She's lucky I heart her.
I prefer to see horses a bit hefty than a bit underweight. Your horses are festively plump, but I don't cringe when I look at them. :P

Sounds like April's a trouble maker. If it makes you feel any better, Nem's in a stall that's boarded up to about wither height so if she kicks at her neighbors her leg won't go through the bars. If she was a kid, her report card would always say things like "doesn't play well with others." She also doesn't get to be turned out in anything bigger than a round pen due to her soundness issues. I'd love for her to be able to run and kick and play, but if she did, she'd come back three-legged, and we *just* got her sound again. Oy. Horses are our greatest joys and our biggest pains, aren't they?

That's her lunging in the morning before the So Cal Jr. Championships. We used to clear out the warm up rings when we'd lunge. She had spirit, what can I say.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Here is my 15 year old kitty named Giacomo/Giocomo. I changed the spelling to the "o" way back when I first got online since the "a" version was taken. He is a rescue kitty I got in No. California just about 15 years ago. He is very particular of who and when he allows to be touched, but he can nice sometimes. He does like to bite though, hee hee.

In this picture he is thinking of which Hot Wheel to snack on. The chickenlung is my user name in a different forum, not the kitty name.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Dave's kitty likes to bite. A lot. He is evil sometimes. But sometimes he is nice... the problem is that when he is nice and does things like climb up on my tummy I'm afraid he's going to bite me anyway.

Right at this moment he is sleeping near me. So he is acting nice, but I'm sure when he wakes up he'll bite me because I am too loud or too close to him or I smell funny or I look at him wrong.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

They're all soo cute!

I have a 13 year old black lab (Holly), a 1 year old Corgi puppy (Lexi), 1 12 year old indoor manx cat (Punky), 3 barn rescue cats (Maggie, Robbie, and Jude), 1 9 year old Hanoverian (Riley), 1 4 year old OTTB (Rascal), 1 10 year old Clydobred (Bailey).

And I'm allergic to them all! Oh well, lol.

That's Rascal at three years old, his Jockey Club name is A Chocolate Rascal, and he's Oklahoma bred.

Riley is my always lame/in trouble big shot dressage horse. He has spots, which is really cool. And he's def. got no appy blood in him.

My sister's horse Bailey, now there's a story. At the age of four he and a bunch of other horses were found in a wild herd in Virginia of all places. They were all TB Clydesdale crosses, never been handled, most were stallions, totally feral. He was broke at 4, and is an awesome eventer, jump the moon, not studdy at all, unless he's horses he doesn't like. He can also be a bit spooky at times, but not at all what you'd expect from his background.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Ali LaDuke wrote: And I had heard ferrets were illegal here because they would kill farmers' chickens if they got loose. Back in the day when California was mostly farmland, of course...
That *might* be possible if the ferrets were trained for hunting, but most ferrets in this country are pet ferrets that would probably try to play with the chickens instead. The image of Revan trying to actually kill anything bigger than a spider is hilarious. He wouldn't have the slighest idea of how to go about it.