Help Me

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Lol ok so this is my dilemma. I've got a few mares I have questions about.

I want to breed my mare Kodiak Island, and she has one win at one mile on the turf. Her sire is T M Awesome O and her dam is Alaskan Winter (Gulch). Last season I bred her to Storm Cat to produce Hurricane Kodi. This year I'd like to breed her to a nice turf miler stallion. But I've also been looking at a few stallions who seem distance verstile. I do know I don't want a stallion who produces dirt and turf, just a turfer. I've looked mainly at GP stallions, sense I'm trying to save some SIM money for the auction. I've considered another Storm Cat, Dynaformer (but ? on this one), and Distorted Humor. I'd also consider decent priced SIM stallions.

Baccie, I want to breed her to the best possible stallion, again GP stud perferred but low priced GOOD SIM stallions considered. And yes I do ask about her a bit so just a list of stallions would be good, you don't really have to write anything on her as far as crosses, distance, etc. Just a list or one or two studs you think would cross well with my unsual Three of Crowns mare.

Advice wanted, needed, etc. More mares to come in the future.
Joel Smith
Sprinter

Post by Joel Smith »

i think if you are looking for a horse that is strictly turf miler my stud pacify would fit nice but he is unproven though if you are willing to take a chance
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

One point I might say is that Awesome O is not really known as a turf miler lol....he's definately a turf router! :)

I have Affirmative which is also by Awesome O and I have bred her to the likes of Tears of Triumph, A Crown Awaits, Feature Attraction and Millenary. I am not sure what you have in mind for a budget though.

IF you wanted to go a miler route, I really like Oratorio and High Chapparral! Matter of fact, I just bred a Storm Cat mare to Oratorio today! :)

But honestly.....I just think of Awesome O as a sire of turf routers.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Ok I wasn't sure about the distance on him, and thanks for that.

Budget wise I'm pretty avaliable to all levels of budget, as I have sufficent funds right now.

Ok another question, I've been in the market lately with my breeding to breed to older stallions. Question is this: Which older stallions do you think would be better suited. The reasoning is they are old, they will be penisoned sooner then later and I'd like some babies out of them. I hope this makes sense. With that being said maybe help would be easier to give. I'm new into concentrating on the turf side, relatively speaking and I've been researching it but I still need help.

Public thanks to EVERYONE who's been answering my simple turf questions.
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

Giant's Causeway would be a good GP stallion for Kodiak Island.