SIM Gatherings

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

What happens?

I've never been to one owing to stupidly expensive air fares and the like so what do you do? play games? go out? talk simmy things? I ran out of things to say, all my other racing meet ups usually end up with us in the pub/bar or a nightclub at 3am - that includes the day my filly debuted :lol: but I know that's not possible with the SIM :)

Martin
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

There's been two previous big SIM gatherings. One was at Monmouth Park in 2002 for the Haskell, where we all got to see War Emblem win and also got a tour of the backstretch and got to play with some racehorses, and then we basically ran around like maniacs and were just crazy.

The other one was the Breeders' Cup in 2003 where we had a party the night before, talked about the game, made little "bets" on the Breeders' Cup, then went as a group to the races the next day and it was awesome. We just kind of talk horses, racing, and laugh at the other players who didn't come :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Monmouth was FUN.
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

Monmouth and BC were fun!
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

The BC was fun and full of drama. The highlight for me would be having to leap off the fence along with several other people so Statue of Liberty didn't kick us and then having to go back for Mandy who decided to LEAN CLOSER TO HIS HOOVES. Then she was like "What? I wanted to see!"

Also the gray soot-filled snot at Disneyland was fun, as Emily, Dave, and Mandy can all attest. Stupid fire season.