New and Fun Ways to Spend Sim$

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Re: New and Fun Ways to Spend Sim$

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Ronnie Dee wrote: 4 years ago George said:
I think there are a lot of things that could be added to barns. Special items that add 1% or 10% extra rest that cost 10 or 15 million dollars so every farm doesn’t have one. The percentage could decrease yearly so farm owners would have to renew after x number of years.

I don’t know about everyone else but I ship my horses to either my farm or the closest farm to where I need to be. I don’t look at the farm because they are all the same. With items like that I would look at farms much closer. Farm owners would get increased revenue to help defer the cost and of course the boost would help their own horses.
This idea is a cool one.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I agree with Pete. I feel the same way about being able to pay to find a "good" stud for a mare.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

To consider the “super farm” concept a little more, I think that would be really cool for some players who have kinda branded their farm operations.

Regina M and Lucas D come to mind, I am sure there are others. So they could have the fancy extra features in their farm systems, and attract business for the extra amenities on top.

Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago
I think there are a lot of things that could be added to barns. Special items that add 1% or 10% extra rest that cost 10 or 15 million dollars so every farm doesn’t have one. The percentage could decrease yearly so farm owners would have to renew after x number of years.

I don’t know about everyone else but I ship my horses to either my farm or the closest farm to where I need to be. I don’t look at the farm because they are all the same. With items like that I would look at farms much closer. Farm owners would get increased revenue to help defer the cost and of course the boost would help their own horses.
This idea is a cool one.
Maybe certain farms can specialize in certain things.
Like each farm owner can pay for 1 specialization.

Farm A specializes in paints. Farm be in qh, farm c in pacers.

If you rest your horse at a farm that specializes in the breed of your horse you get a very small boost in performance the next race they run.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

In terms of day rate, possibly base it off of feed/care.

Give players an option to pay $5 a day for basic, $10 a day for advanced, $15 a day for premium.

$5 gives you no bonus.
$10 gives your horses very small recovery advance rate.
$15 premium gives a small recovery advance, but more than advanced.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Garret Folsom wrote: 4 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago Give me an assistant trainer to prep all my yearlings. Workouts, equipment, fitness. I'd spend big bucks on that. Even if I had to rehire the trainer weekly.
THIS!
So I run a large barn and yes this would make things easy, but do I really want this? No.

If that’s the case why have equipment, fitness, ect ect in the first place?

I think we need to have some challenges in the game to keep it interesting and also showcase one trainers ability versus another. Doing all these for us automatically would remove aspect of the game.

We can hire an assistant trainer already. Find a player willing to do those things for you and hire them to help you.

My vote is no for this.
I agree I don't think it would be great to have someone perfectly train your horses at a push of a button but I personally was envisioning this more as I still call the shots but with less button pushing. So right now when doing workouts for horses I don't know the second piece of equipment I have to go through manually to each one and select that second piece each time and also seperate out horse types to select distances. If there was some way I could program a trainer to stay work all my turf milers 4 furlongs, all my paint sprint 300 yards, and use a new 2nd piece gallop equipment every other week for this set and have it all magically happen that would be great. And yes I realize I could hire an actual person to do this.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Ronnie Dee wrote: 4 years ago Ronnie said:
For Sim$, you can ask the bloodstock agent to suggest some "good" stallions (e.g., a list of 5) over a specified stud fee range (e.g., [$10K, $20K]) for a specific mare.
I feel like that would be a little to easy for us and really hard to code but alternatively you could ask the bloodstock agent what your mare lacked in on the track. She could tell you something like “(Your mare) was a step slow on the track, try breeding her to a sire with more speed.” or “(Your mare) tended to tire at the end of races, try breeding her to something with more stamina.” It’s a good little way to get money out and really doesn’t reveal hardly anything.
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Garret Folsom wrote: 4 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago Give me an assistant trainer to prep all my yearlings. Workouts, equipment, fitness. I'd spend big bucks on that. Even if I had to rehire the trainer weekly.
THIS!
So I run a large barn and yes this would make things easy, but do I really want this? No.

If that’s the case why have equipment, fitness, ect ect in the first place?

I think we need to have some challenges in the game to keep it interesting and also showcase one trainers ability versus another. Doing all these for us automatically would remove aspect of the game.

We can hire an assistant trainer already. Find a player willing to do those things for you and hire them to help you.

My vote is no for this.
I’m with you Pete, sounds great in theory but in practice would be to easy.
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago In terms of day rate, possibly base it off of feed/care.

Give players an option to pay $5 a day for basic, $10 a day for advanced, $15 a day for premium.

$5 gives you no bonus.
The problem I see with this is only older players will be able to afford this, they spend the big bucks and get to race their horses more while the newer players who can’t yet afford it are stuck racing on a normal schedule. It creates a bigger gap which I think a lot of people were seeking to solve with the whole pulling money out of the SIM thread.
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Sorry I’m saying a lot all at once but, maybe be able to pay a early pre-entry fee so you’re able to enter horses more than 2 weeks in advance. It could cost something like 1% of the purse just like Stakes entry fees.
yeah
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago In terms of day rate, possibly base it off of feed/care.

$5 gives you no bonus.
I'm just making this up, but what about something like this for mares to very slightly increase their chance of having twins? Not really adding an advantage but is fun

Can you tell I haven't had a set of twins in a long time
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Or pay a nominal fee to ensure your blue hen well bred mare won’t give you a claimer when you breed her lol
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago
This idea is a cool one.
Maybe certain farms can specialize in certain things.
Like each farm owner can pay for 1 specialization.

Farm A specializes in paints. Farm be in qh, farm c in pacers.

If you rest your horse at a farm that specializes in the breed of your horse you get a very small boost in performance the next race they run.
Yep awesome. Booster farms would be a cool way to add onto this idea, same goes for your multi-pricing idea of 5-10-15 or thereabouts

Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

You could use the same idea with farms like this: If your mare is at a normal Farm no increase...if your Farm is at a Medium Farm your mare gets a 1% Breeding Boost (cost to Farm Owner $15m) Cost to Player TBD, If your mare is at a Premium Farm she gets a 1.5% breeding Boost (Cost to Farm owner $20m) cost to player TBD...the numbers are negotiable, just an idea....
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Another one.....when you geld a horse you get an option to pay $x for the chance (maybe 3%) of a more significant improvement in the horse rather than the very small increase we get today. This is actually in tune with real life where some geldings improve quite a bit after the "Procedure"