How'd you do this week?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

I've yet to see for myself, but The kindly steward informs me that my horse (Acapulco, there is no other horse ;)) was savaged in the Norfolk stakes by a mean bugger named Stop And Stare. He's out til week 15... *cries* With his neck missing a large piece. But he got stop and stare back after with a hard bump to the middle of the track. Which cost them both the win. Congrats to Daryl Singhi and Monaachi on the win in the Norfolk.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Yeah, my apologies for his antics.

I swear, that colt is out of control. <_<
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Charming, a new Lucifer!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

From what I hear, the two-year-old turf division has more than one. Scary!
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Cyclone sends him a note of condolence, along with a picture of his (multiple) scars from Lucifer trying to eat him.
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

My babies didn't come out unscathed either, poor Tears ran into the 1 1/16th pole during the Jim Dandy. He's done for the rest of the year I think, I might enter him in an allowance later but not likely.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Sorry Becca, in race speak that means he was bumped AT the 1/16th pole, didn't hit the pole itself.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

Still, poor Tears! He's not the first of mine with a case of "I must run into other horses..."
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
DJ Shepard
Two Year Old

Post by DJ Shepard »

First week back in the SIM. Bought an unraced 3YO filly off the sale page for $2,000. She finished second in a maiden. Not a bad start at all. I'll take it!
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Em informs me I had 98% in the money this week. Only two winners, but still. :)

Duc de Berry won his fourth race in a row and his third straight stakes at a mile on turf. I'm still debating his next race before the BC Mile.

Minuteman broke his maiden and he is awesome I love Minuteman the end.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

My week:

Trailblazer won the Silver Valor Stakes at Del Mar....this was his stakes debut....not sure where his next stop is but I will figure it out :)

Runtoapremont....he came within a nose of beating Pincay...NOT bad at all...this horse has a LOT of heart...I am pretty proud of him! :) He will be freshened up a bit.

Never Perfect was 2nd in her stakes race, the Spinaway. She is in need of more distance!

Mi Corazon was 3rd in the Go For Wand. I am pretty happy about it...although it would have been a nice thing to win but hey....that's racing! I knew that she might like the distance...she will race another time before being retired.

Tremendous Asset won her claimimg race....and got claimed...I wish Mallory the best of luck with her! :)

All and all....a VERY NICE week for me!! :D
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I had a solitary win this week, but it was in a G2 race. Streamer, a son of Pennant, picked up his first graded stakes win and fourth of his career. He's yet to finish off the board in seven starts.

Of course, Em informs me it was THE worst stakes field ever assembled, but hey, he's got a shiny G2 win on his record and a whole heap of confidence, and I got a $150,000 check. That's how the game is played, I think.

I had an unusually high number of places, but that works.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I also just realized that he had defeated Duc de Berry in his debut. Not bad!
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I just saw that Yume Senshi won the Jim Dandy with his earmuffs! That's great! And Black Condor is scary.

I had a horse, Shall We Dance, running in the Japanese Derby because I thought he could grab second place and a good chunk of money. I debated this, scratching him after thought and then reentering him last night. His last race, he tired late because of his early speed, so I took off the blinkers (praying he wouldn't go nuts and lose focus) and indeed, my boy sat mid pack very nicely and closed well. So yay for him! *kisses nose*

And the horse who DID win, It's Okay to Live, I am also thrilled for because I own his dam! That makes her two foals of racing age both grade 1 winners - It's Okay to Trust was SoAm Champion 2yo Colt, and took the 2000 Guineas in England in his only start as a 3yo. And how It's Okay to Live won the Japanese Derby! *hugs It's Okay to Cry*

Gouryella and Inspiring Awe won their maidens, other than that, I had an ungodly number of seconds.

I am HAPPY. It was a GOOD week for me.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

That was a good week! Six wins including... A GRADE 1 AT SARATOGA! I'm such a happy camper. Go Pageantry go!