Newbie Tips

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

...also posted on The Feature Race...

As I've just recently began the fantasy world of Sim Racing, I've seen first hand how to capitalize on the hidden means of horse and money acquisitions. In other words, I've not made a lot of money, yet I've been able to stock my stable with gift horses and I've been able to make some money other ways than race purses or horse sales.

And so, for my fellow newbies who are having difficuly making ends meet, here are a few tips to help you out!!

1) Writing Articles - Did you know that you get paid for writing articles? I was here a month or so before I realized I could bump my account (why do you think I'm writing this article?) by submitting whatever was on my mind. I've not yet ventured into breaking down races, or trying to pretend like I know what I'm doing with breeding, but I'm able to just pass along what I've learned so far. And guess what? The bank account magically receives a credit! Try your hand at submitting an article!

2) Join the Forum and Participate - The greatest part of Sim Horsing are the fantastic owners on the forum. If you'll join up today and pop in and say 'Hi', folks will just give you horses. Well, it just seems that way. Post some questions and have a general interest in your involvement, and you'll be surprised what shows up in you messages! ;)

3) Check out the Contests page in the forum - I've just won my first horse in a contest sponsored by Laura Ferguson. What did I have to do? I simply picked a number and was lucky enough to be closest. What did I win? A stakes winning horse that just ran 2nd in his last and collected $22,000. As simple as pressing 64 in my entry on her contest thread, and I'm now an owner of a stakes winner!

4) Check the Auctions page in the forum - I've really helped my stable by participating in some of these owner-run auctions. May be some horses that are more than your checkbook will allow, but I've acquired several promising horses for $2,000 or less.

5) Participation in Eric Nalbone's Dare To Dream/Trial Park Program. I was able to get my hands on a very promising 2 year old thanks to this great deal. All I had to do was have a nice finish in Races 1 or 2 on each program of Trial Park's raceday. Check out more information here: <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/featurera ... cleID=1110' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/featurera ... ID=1110</a>

That should be a good start for someone looking to enhance their experience here, and should you still be concerned? Join the forum and don't be shy! More than likely, you'll be rewarded. I know I have and this is a way to say thanks!!