Thought I Would Share

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nancy Prather
Two Year Old

Post by Nancy Prather »

Well I have been playing this great game and thought I would post what I have learned so far. Hope this helps new players!

Well the first thing is when buying your first horse it can seem very overwhelming but a few tips I have learned of course for new players go to the new player page for buying horses. Second look at the horses record even if it has not placed in the top three sometimes the horse does show it is improving every race. Once you think you found a horse you like go and check his dam and sire record this will help you when you try to find a race for the horse. For example if both parents are sprinters then chances are you have a sprinter and so forth. The reason I mentioned look at a horse that doesnt have a record is because sometimes you might find a horse that is for example being run on dirt but the sire and dam are turf horses. Also look at what the horse's siblings are doing perhaps it is a line of late bloomers. I was also given this tip when you buy your horse pay the 500 vet fee to have the horse checked out. The vet can be a good source if your horse needs a good rest or possibly a problem that might be rearing its ugly head.

When putting your horse in a race take advantage of the trial track a great place to wet your feet and learn even more. The nice thing about this track is you are racing against other horses that are owned by new players. I was told this also if you buy a horse on lasix keep it on lasix do not take the horse off. It seems this is a very bad choice. I have not done this and dont want to take the chance. Also if your horse does have racing experience look at the equipment used on the horse if is best placing show for example shadow roll and tongue tie and then the horse was run with other equipment and finished worse in a similar race ,try putting just the equipment the horse had on when they produced their best finish.

The last tip I have learned is doesnt matter what the question is ask on the forum dont worry if you think it has been asked before. The people on this game are so very helpful and dont mind answering your question. Pick their brains they will be more then happy to give you tips and ideas. For example I asked questions on shipping a horse and when was the best time to do that, I recieved several answers to this question and the point everyone agreed on was the earlier you ship your horse the better. They also agreed on trying to stay in one area to limit shipping. This will make your horse tired.

I will also say this, the people here on this game will go out of there way to be helpful. Check the forum everyday you might find someone else is asking the same questions. If you dont understand the answer then ask them to explain and they will happy to do so. They will be more then happy to give you advice on what races and equipment to use and if you want to breed your horse they will also give you their opionon on what would be a good cross for your mare.

As I am still somewhat new to this game I am still learning. Today I even learned a few more things such as workouts when to them and when not to. If your horse is racing regularly then you dont really need them. If your horse is coming from a long lay off then it is wise to work them out once or twice depending on the layoff. If you have a two year old that has never raced it has to have at least two work outs to be able to race. The other thing I learned on two year olds is look at the sire and dam when trying to find the first race see where they raced and copy that. If the dam has not raced then go and see her offspring and see what they have done and if they like the dirt or turf(easier to figure out if the sibling is a full bother or sister).

I also want to mention of course try to be as diligent as possible when and look at everything before you buy a horse. Doing your homework will pay off and take your time in buying a horse there is no rule that you have to have a horse right now. If you still are not sure if the horse is worth the price then ask on the forum and other peoples opionions.

I hope this helps and of course have a great time playing the game it is truly a really neat game and tons of fun!!!