Just Had A Epiphany

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Just Had A Epiphany

Post by The Harlequins »

Being as i am about to leave the safety of the new player status, where random injuries do not happen.

I have been looking at the finances to see about insuring my stakes late bloomer yearlings.

Seems a lot to spend at this stage i am telling myself.

1 hour later my youngest daughter turns up with some shopping she has been doing to keep me in.

After a kiss and cuddle i could not stop myself looking at her, my mind being else where.

After i waved her off , thats when it hit me.

No amount of money matters if you are protecting loved ones from injury or worst.

Will be insuring my horses tomorrow, thanks to my Daughter :oops:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Just Had A Epiphany

Post by The Harlequins »

Reread this and must add my childern are well covered and chilly my youngest daughter as had her first 5 years mortgage paid
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This made me laugh out loud!!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Frank is such a great addition to the SIM. Glad you're here Frank. And glad you're taking care of those that you love.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I think the last epiphany I had in the Sim was when I sold my first and only horse... I got a great price for her, but wow it hurt to let her go. I discovered at that point, that I was an animal hoarder.

At least it's not that way in real life.

...but if I were a multi-millionaire... I would probably own several hundred dogs and a few hundred cats, maybe a three or four dozen rescued donkeys from India and South America where they are often treated like throw away trash. Yep, I would have a few small ranches to board all those critters.

But since I can't do that in real life, I get to be a hoarder here, I've keep just about all the animals I've bred and bought...with just a few exceptions where I've bought horses just to give to someone else as a gift. I also have 2 horses out there that I've bred and gifted.

Well...at least as far as the hoarding goes...I'm not a 'bad' hoarder, my 2,328 horses are all well kept, groomed, fed, and have their stalls properly mucked, and their companion animals lead a good life too.

:)
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

WELL Thats what i call a Epiphany a Freak lol