Silks!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Re: Silks!

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago
Fanta Arcadia wrote: 3 years ago Image

I have a phoenix tattoo and have always loved them, so that's basically where my design came from lol
I always thought you had one of the most beautiful silks in the Sim. Seems like some years ago you won, or came close to winning a silks contest.???

I also like, quite a bit, the silks of someone I can't recall at the moment :oops: Their silks have a lovely Scottish type thistle in the design.

Stormy
Thanks!! I think I came close in that tournament lol
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I designed mine to combine some of my favorite things...
I chose a peacock feather because my mom and I had a hobby Peafowl breeding farm at the time (unfortunately her and my dad recently split up and the birds had to go) and I LOVED those birds!
I am also obsessed with black and white diamond, checker, and houndstooth patterns, so I opted to do that on the arms and cap. I really like deep purples and figured it would tie in nicely with the feather, so I requested eggplant accents for a splash of classy color on the sleeves, Cap rim, and bow-tie.

I told the artist to orient and design the feather however they wanted, and I love how it turned out! Even though I no longer have my lovely birds, I will likely never change my silks.

Here's me and Samson, I watched him hatch and had the joy of being his mama for the first four years of his life.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

becausee I have no imagination whaatsoever and the only thing I could think of was a norwegian flag and the one I had before that was even worse so If anyone wants to help me out with a design please do
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 3 years ago becausee I have no imagination whaatsoever and the only thing I could think of was a norwegian flag and the one I had before that was even worse so If anyone wants to help me out with a design please do
When I think about Norway, the images that pop into my head are of beautiful fjords, and also vikings.
Perhaps a silhouette of that viking ship with the beautiful curled prow, that is in a museum there, or a viking battle axe, or a representative of the 3 viking sword statues, or maybe a mountain outline with some northern lights glowing above them.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago
Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 3 years ago becausee I have no imagination whaatsoever and the only thing I could think of was a norwegian flag and the one I had before that was even worse so If anyone wants to help me out with a design please do
When I think about Norway, the images that pop into my head are of beautiful fjords, and also vikings.
Perhaps a silhouette of that viking ship with the beautiful curled prow, that is in a museum there, or a viking battle axe, or a representative of the 3 viking sword statues, or maybe a mountain outline with some northern lights glowing above them.

Stormy
When I see Sten I think of a sten gun, and also of a stun gun.
When I see Rino I think of a rhino.
When I see Haakonsen I think of the christmas song "Hark! The herald angels sing" (or "Hark, now hear the angels sing", which is what I always think the words are).

How about a sky blue background, with an angry cartoon rhinoceros with a halo holding a taser. The cap can be rhino grey with an off-white bill to represent the horn. Or even get a cap with a rhino horn on it. You could have lightning running from the taser down one of the sleeves.

https://i.imgur.com/Q3io14j.jpg
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

My silks caused a big ruckus when I first got them because I had asked for the Pittsburgh Steeler logo. Some Debby DooGooder at the time said it was a huge copy right violation, blah blah blah, so I went bat * crazy and designed these.

The colors come from the Steel logo.

I am part Irish and love the shamrock symbol, but wanted it to be more sinister so I use the black shamrock on my silks, many of my headshots, etc. Even my dog's collars have a shamrock on them.

The wings on the helmet are a nod to the old Asterix cartoons or wings a la Mercury/Hermes as well, whichever floats your boat.

Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

This may explain my silks.

"Here's how it is: (The) Earth got used up, so we (moved out, and) terraformed a whole new galaxy of Earths, some rich and flush with new technologies, some not so much. (The) Central Planets, them as formed the Alliance, waged war to bring everyone under their rule; a few idiots tried to fight it, among them myself. I'm Malcolm Reynolds, captain of Serenity. She's a transport ship, Firefly class. Got a good crew: fighters, pilot, mechanic. We even picked up a preacher for some reason, and a bona fide companion. There's a doctor, too, took his genius sister from some Alliance camp, so they're keeping a low profile, (you understand). You got a job, we can do it, don't much care what it is."

I’m Noel Collins, Mal’s long lost sister, I’m a little bit fiestier, just as crazy but a tad more outright ethical. I tend to care for what that job is. Hopefully it’s art, or sculpting, or stealing art cuz that could be fun too. I don’t like war much, but I fight for what I need to.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Noel Collins wrote: 3 years ago This may explain my silks.

"Here's how it is: (The) Earth got used up, so we (moved out, and) terraformed a whole new galaxy of Earths, some rich and flush with new technologies, some not so much. (The) Central Planets, them as formed the Alliance, waged war to bring everyone under their rule; a few idiots tried to fight it, among them myself. I'm Malcolm Reynolds, captain of Serenity. She's a transport ship, Firefly class. Got a good crew: fighters, pilot, mechanic. We even picked up a preacher for some reason, and a bona fide companion. There's a doctor, too, took his genius sister from some Alliance camp, so they're keeping a low profile, (you understand). You got a job, we can do it, don't much care what it is."

I’m Noel Collins, Mal’s long lost sister, I’m a little bit fiestier, just as crazy but a tad more outright ethical. I tend to care for what that job is. Hopefully it’s art, or sculpting, or stealing art cuz that could be fun too. I don’t like war much, but I fight for what I need to.
Love Firefly!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

My original silks featured a trumpet since I was majoring in music when I first joined. Many years later and after having not touched a trumpet in years I figured time for a change. I have seen How to Train Your Dragon so often I could act it out for you. So of course I needed Toothless on my silks. Red and black are my go to colors and thought the zigzag sleeves added a nice touch.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Noel Collins wrote: 3 years ago This may explain my silks.

Love Firefly!
Me too, it broke my heart when they cancelled the series.

I have several Firefly theme horse names in my barn. Right now, I have a Really nice one...
This is MAL
He's named mostly for the captain of Serenity.
But the word mal ties in with other things I like.
In Spanish it means 'bad/evil' [and while Capt. Mal wasn't evil, he could be bad...lol]
In Korean it means horse.
Also, there is a Korean singer I like, Park Jung Min, who's nickname is Mal...because when he smiles he shows a lot of teeth, like a horse, and his face is more long than rounded.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Mary Whalen wrote: 3 years ago Image

My original silks featured a trumpet since I was majoring in music when I first joined. Many years later and after having not touched a trumpet in years I figured time for a change. I have seen How to Train Your Dragon so often I could act it out for you. So of course I needed Toothless on my silks. Red and black are my go to colors and thought the zigzag sleeves added a nice touch.
Back in the 1970's when I was a teen, it was almost impossible to find artwork, or novels about dragons, until Ann McCaffery's Pern series came along and I totally fell in love with the series. Whenever I see dragon silhouettes like yours, I can't help but think of her dragons, over any others that came along later.

However, it made it a lot easier to start collecting dragon statuettes and nick nacks, when more and more fantasy books came out with dragons in them starting in the late 1980s, or so.
This is one of the dragons I collected and still absolutely love....got it in the mid 1990s.

I have another similar to it, that a friend gifted to me, it has one foot raised and is standing just a bit differently but still has that pearl finish to it. They are about 8 inches tall, and quite heavy. I also have dozens of other dragon figurines in my collection. Plus a custom oil painting that I had commissioned in the 1990s - it's almost 3 feet across - shown below:

I love your silks, as they are dragon themed. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

Stormy have you read Kim Harrison’s book series about the hollows and Cincinnati. I’m a big perN fan also. Ok I’m a big ol syfy nerd. You can see it in my barns names cough PODKAYNE cough
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I haven't read any Kim Harrison books. I'll look into them though. I enjoy sci-fi /sci-fi fantasy.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

My silks are based on my wedding band, and my registered arms in the SCA.

I picked a blue background because blue is my favorite color. White/silver for contrast and because the horse is made of chalk. The three little twisty knotworks are called "Triquetra" and are Celtic. I used to be mad keen for Celtic re-enactment, although I haven't been able to do it for a bit. The animal made of lines in the middle is the "Uffington Horse".

The horse is overwhelmed by all the blue because it's rather skinny. If I'd had unlimited time I would have wanted to send it back and forth with the artist and ask them to thicken all the lines up to stand out more. But, if I _had_ done then I would have been unhappy that the horse looked too fat. Sticking with the horse as it really looks is better as it kept me from annoying the artist with "just one more try" requests :D.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

My silks I designed because of my name here. Gavin Guile is a character in the Brent Weeks’ Lightbringer series. He was the Prism in this fantasy world so I know I wanted to highlight a prism as my logo. I choose the sleeves since I like stars and space and thought the dark sleeves and white stars would be a nice contrast to the white in the body of the silks. Love how they came out and will never change them.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)