Sim Turf Club In Secondlife

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Beathan Vale
Miler

Post by Beathan Vale »

Hi all --

As a new player, I am still trying to get my feet under me, and I don't know if this proposal is stepping on any toes.

I own land in Secondlife that I could (if there is interest) use to construct a virtual Simhorseracing turf club. For those of you who don't know about Secondlife (which feature on CSI NY last night, of all things), it is an online community, using MMORPG technology (although not completely current technology) to create a use created world. I like to call it a "chat room on steroids." Membership is free, provided you don't own virtual land, so it is a very good way to do online networking in a visual (not merely textual) way.

If there is interest, I can get a plan together to construct a turf club. We could model the building on a RL building from some track (I favor Churchill Downs -- but that is completely open).

Any thoughts or interest?

Beathan Vale
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

*Deleted Post*
Last edited by Ian Nicastrin 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Beathan Vale
Miler

Post by Beathan Vale »

Glad to meet you Ian/Foxfyre.

I can understand the turn offs for Secondlife. I was turned off myself until Reuters opened an office in the world to report on events in the world. Then I thought, "What the heck is this?"

I am involved in many educational and legal activities in the world (lectures, classes, dispute resolution, study groups) -- and in none of the "adult activities" -- so I know that it can be a platform for activities that are far from prurient. It is, I think, a good way to meet and chat with people -- but if there is no or little interest, then there is no or little interest.

Thanks

Beathan Vale
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I'll just have you know that I've never heard of Secondlife before...but then it was on The Office you know, like, two minutes ago, so yay!
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

I didn't realize it was real LOL. I may join, we'll see.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

"In my second life I was also a paper salesman and I was also named Dwight. Absolutely everything was the same. Except I could fly."
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

AmyAlyssa wrote: "In my second life I was also a paper salesman and I was also named Dwight. Absolutely everything was the same. Except I could fly."
That was hillarious! I was LMAO!! I loved Jim's 2nd life too. hehehehe
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I just signed up. Apparently I can't log in just yet, but I am Saraphina Felwitch.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

I signed up and used you as my referral Michelle...lol. I dont even know what it is yet.
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

hehe, same here Mac. I used Ian as my referal lol.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Beathan Vale
Miler

Post by Beathan Vale »

OK -- this seems like interest --

I will start exploring the possibility ig building a club in a sim called Quincentival.

Beathan Vale
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

killing this post
Last edited by Ian Nicastrin 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Beathan Vale
Miler

Post by Beathan Vale »

OK -- I have set up a Secondlife Group called "Simhorseracing" and have deeded land to the group for a future turf club. Anyone interested in joining the group should send me a SL IM. I am "Beathan Vale" in SL -- same as here.

Beathan Vale
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

I joined im bachelorofthebeach fall
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Beathan Vale
Miler

Post by Beathan Vale »

Invitations sent to Mike/Bachelor and Ian/Foxfyre. I could not find a Saraphina Felwitch. Anyone else wanting an early invite to check out the raw land (the building is not built yet -- and my builder is slow to respond), please tell me (either here in the forum, by message, or SL IM).

Beathan