Sim Turf Club In Secondlife

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Beathan Vale
Miler

Post by Beathan Vale »

Update --

My Secondlife builder has been having computer problems for over a month now -- so nothing has been built -- but I am still planning to move forward with the project (creating a #-D virtual meeting place in Secondlife, which is like a chatroom on steroids and is free as long as you don't own "land").

The group has been set up -- and owns the land where I will build the turfclub.

Send me messages or IMs for more information.

Thanks

Beathan Vale
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

Beathen, how much are you paying for that land... it's a nice little parcel... I tried to leave you a few horses grazing as a joke but I saw you have autoreturn on the parcel. What exactly are you looking to build... I can build and I don't charge =p I have italian villa textures and then like jersey shore cottage textures, but I could always purchase a few more... I wasn't sure if you wanted a track... as the parcel is pretty much a hill top and so that really wouldn't work.
Beathan Vale
Miler

Post by Beathan Vale »

Ian --

I think I want to build something that looks like Churchill Downs (the building anyway). I would be happy to give you permissions and turn you loose on the place. IM me inworld SL -- I am "Beathan Vale" there, too.

How much is it per month? It is 1/8 of a sim, I think -- so about $40/month. I bought the entire Quincentival Sim at auction some time ago -- for more than I want to admit (it was before the SL land price crash). However, if we can get some meet ups going, it will be worth it.

Beathan
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

Thats a pretty fair price... we pay $90 for 1/4 a SIM... ill take a look at my texture library and see what Textures-R-Us has to offer =p
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

I am pleased to announce that we now have a mock up of Churchill Downs for SL to be used as a turf club. Happy Holidays!

I simply mentioned to my friend that we were in need of it, and ta da it appeared... she is also a horse racing enthusiast and a good SL builder. It still needs a bit more work... but should be fun. The builders name is Uni Ninetails.

It's sort of floating on a workshop platform in the sky, the actual land for it is elsewhere.
Beathan Vale
Miler

Post by Beathan Vale »

Sweet --

Have I invited you to the group yet? If not, send me a SL IM with your invite request. I will ad you to group as an officer with full build powers.

I am planning, if there is interest, to expand the turf club site toa full 1/4sim.

Beathan Vale