Roughian

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Roughian

Post by Nicole Marie »

I absolutely love Improvisational for her, I hope this colt winds up a freak! I hope the slide is good to him. I think Roughian has just had some bad luck with the slide with a few of her offspring. Maybe this time that luck will turn. You really cannot beat it pedigree wise.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nicole Marie wrote: 9 months ago I absolutely love Improvisational for her, I hope this colt winds up a freak! I hope the slide is good to him. I think Roughian has just had some bad luck with the slide with a few of her offspring. Maybe this time that luck will turn. You really cannot beat it pedigree wise.
Since I have permission to say this...

Nicole sent a number of her broodmares to my stallions, Mal and Tuck Everlasting. The stud fees pumped my account up enough that I could breed Roughian, pay that $2 Million, the $80,000 stud fee and the $30,000 insurance on the foal. I had the funds to breed her but my account would have been very very low...but now I feel comfortable about getting into next season without Sim money issues.

I shouldn't be by now, but I'm still often amazed at the kindness displayed by players in this game. I have my better mares already bred or leased out, but Nicole will get a free lease on one of Roughian's daughters next season. Both Turn To Stone and In The Air have foaled stakes types, so hopefully, with a free lease, on one of those mares, she'll get a stakes or a freak for her efforts in helping me out. Plus I have another nice mare lined up for her as a free lease.

Thanks Nicole, I appreciate the help. You saved me a lot of time from sitting in the computer chair with my bad back and having to write articles to raise funds :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

You are very sweet, Stormy. Your stallions are great and so supporting them is the least I could do after you were so kind to lease me Outlawed a couple years ago.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nicole Marie wrote: 9 months ago You are very sweet, Stormy. Your stallions are great and so supporting them is the least I could do after you were so kind to lease me Outlawed a couple years ago.
For those who are curious enough to read this thread. Outlawed is the full sibling to Roughian. : )
Nicole's filly, Jane Mckeene, like my new Roughian colt, is sired by Improvisational.

Jane Mckeene, at the moment is 2 years old and ran 4 races this year, the first in a sprint, the 2nd race at a mile, and her last 2 races were routes. And even though sprints and mile races are not really the distances she should be running at, she still earned money in those 2 races : ) Nicole used them to help Jane McKeene build fitness and experience.

Her first route was at 1 1/16 miles and she finished 4th.
However, in her last race, at 1 1/8th miles, Jane Mckeene broke her maiden in an Allowance race, and she did so with a respectable 84 Speed Figure.

Jane Mckeene

Love her headshot!

So I think she's really going to like the little bit longer routes and I am hoping she will upgrade to a stakes or freak in her 3 year old season.

Congrats on that maiden win being in an Allowance race, Nicole : )

And also with my colt.
I usually don't do this until they are yearlings or 2 year olds. But I vetted him for soundness.
Turns out he's taking after his mama....Somewhat Unsound.
I am not fretting about that at all. Roughian was fine at being Somewhat unsound.

And I check to see what kind of Heart he had.
I'm very very happy to see he has a Brave Heart.
Roughian was "Interested"

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Jane being allowance late bloomer, I'm hoping she will bloom up a level or two! I had asked when I ordered her headshot to make her resemble Improvisational, because I'm obsessed with him as a sire, and so she, like him, has a broad star and the defined cheekbone. Sometimes I click on her page and then click on his to watch the headshot 'switch' because I really think you can see the family resemblance and I love that.

She is sound, and interested, so her new cousin (is there a word for when full sisters have foals by the same stallion? I don't want to say 'sister cousin', lol) has her one upped in the heart department. I don't know how much heart really factors in, but even if only by coincidence, all of my best horses have been 'brave'.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Roughian foaled a Freak!

I named him JOHN WICK

Late Bloomer, Loves Dry, Brave heart, Somewhat Unsound.

The somewhat unsound doesn't bother me, Roughian was such, and I never had any issues in scheduling her into the races I wanted her in.

I wonder now, if maybe I was wrong in choosing fillies more often than not. Her first foal, a colt, Billy Jack, was born a stakes, and I think he would have done much better if he hadn't peaked stakes as a yearling : (

In the Racing Forum - the Yr65 Freaks thread - I said that:
I hoped John Wick will be a killer on the track...a down right ruffian who terrorizes everyone. : )

He will be too, if he takes after his parents. Improvisational was a great racer!

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Congrats Stormy!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Big congrats on the Freak colt!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Uh oh....I mean congrats :D . Happy for you.

PS-Tuck Everlasting gave me a nice stakes horse. I like that boy.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congratulations, Stormy! I can't wait to see him run!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Wow, amazing looking killer colt! Congrats Stormy!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I'm so so happy for you!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Congrats to John Wick for running 2nd in a sprint! I threw a random horse of mine in that race so I'd not have to remember to check the result. Hopefully that'll help give him the fitness and experience necessary to kick some booty when the route races start.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Congrats on the top 3 Steward's Cup finish for John Wick!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nicole, Thanks : )

I am hoping John Wick will like the longer distances, and I really hope he doesn't bloom as a 3 year old. He's a freak late bloomer, so I would rather see him do that as a 4 year old... or at Least not do so until Wk9 of this coming season.

Roughian News.

Lily Wilkens contacted me last year wishing to get a Roughian foal. Because it's costing so much to save her, I gave Lily a free lease. It was $8 Million this year. Next year it will be $16 Million.
This is the filly she got from Roughian:
Magic Wand
I wish her the very best with this filly!

I doubt anyone will want to pay $16 Million to save Roughian this coming season, so I will breed her myself...and hit the $20,000 to keep her alive but pensioned. I'm not sure if there is any chance she will survive the foaling, given she's been 'paid to be protected' since age 12, but that would be a hoot if she did. She will be 16 years old this coming season.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000