Upcomming Festivous

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Upcomming Festivous

Post by Polk Buffalo »

So if I have a 7 year old freak female that I havent regalloped for 3 years, she will show up as a freak/blue hen mare in the auctions if I retire her now. But probably as a produtive/blue hen if I wait for two weeks.
That might make an impact on selling price at auction.

The big problem is that I don´t have any 7 year old freak female.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Soo... I have to endure this "horrible" festivus without drenching my sorrows in wine??? :shock: Polk has to buy a LOT of chocolate. And salty snacks.... :lol: :lol:
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 3 years ago So if I have a 7 year old freak female that I havent regalloped for 3 years, she will show up as a freak/blue hen mare in the auctions if I retire her now. But probably as a produtive/blue hen if I wait for two weeks.
That might make an impact on selling price at auction.

The big problem is that I don´t have any 7 year old freak female.
Not really, a blue hen is a blue hen. Breeding ability is totally separate from racing ability so if she’s producing like a blue hen why should her gallop comment matter? Especially since she would have raced at that point and probably outperformed the “productive” comment.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

You are right Carole.
When I check the auctions, usually freak/hen is more expensive to buy than a productive/hen.
But I guess that is because the productive never was better than productive.
I will start to ignore the gallop comment when I buy mares from now on and look at the breeding ability and performance and pedigree instead :)
I like the term "outperformed".
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I was going to say, it will be very difficult to get a freak with what we are about to do to the gallop ratings, ha. If you get 3 stakes you should be pumped!
So does this mean that claimers will say "Glue Factory Bound" on their comments? Maybe I can get rich that way.

Also I have been here since 2010, and have yet to get a Freak. 🤷‍♀️
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Well i am struggling to get mentally excited about breeding allowence ,mybe i should be, but not feeling it. lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Bring it on, baby. I had to lease one more mare because for some reason I was obsessed wtih having the exact same number of colts as fillies. Really. Obsessed. Now I have my even dozen of each, like two little boxes of donuts. Bring it on.
Enpea Racing
Sprinter

Post by Enpea Racing »

Ok so for whatever reason I totally missed that this was going to be happening lol - I'm afraid my first 'freak' is not going to be a freak any longer lol but she apparently doesn't want to win anything higher than G3 races anyways lol.

For those that want to know what the previous gallop was before the change, I just copied my whole racing barn and training barn tables from the barn pages and pasted them in google sheet that show the gallop as it is now. So now I have it historically saved and I can either merge/paste into knew sheets or compare using that once they change...Maybe everyone else already does this but it was new to me!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Enpea Racing wrote: 3 years ago Ok so for whatever reason I totally missed that this was going to be happening lol - I'm afraid my first 'freak' is not going to be a freak any longer lol but she apparently doesn't want to win anything higher than G3 races anyways lol.

For those that want to know what the previous gallop was before the change, I just copied my whole racing barn and training barn tables from the barn pages and pasted them in google sheet that show the gallop as it is now. So now I have it historically saved and I can either merge/paste into knew sheets or compare using that once they change...Maybe everyone else already does this but it was new to me!
I have an embarrassing number of spreadsheets.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I hope the server is up Monday the 12 so I can gallop
;p
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Okay, I’m ready. How much longer?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago I hope the server is up Monday the 12 so I can gallop
You’re going to wait 2 whole days after races open before you gallop? That’s impressive!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Ah Festivus! Such a humbling experience!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago Ah Festivus! Such a humbling experience!
This year I’m sure will be even more humbling than normal 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I was going to say, it will be very difficult to get a freak with what we are about to do to the gallop ratings, ha. If you get 3 stakes you should be pumped!
How will this affect the stud book? People look at the Freak count of studs, I'm sure. If a new stallion can't produce a freak with these new gallop comments, but shows a good quantity of Stakes gallopers, he will be at a disadvantage to those stallions that still show multiple Freaks due to the "old" gallop ratings.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.