So what are your favorite foal names this year?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: So what are your favorite foal names this year?

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Um I grabbed a young sire for an extra sprint mare and when I bred them I realized I had just paired Scream My Name with Primo Climax. After careful consideration I went with Curl My Toes as a somewhat pg selection
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Puffkin - Antares x Kitty Kitty Kitten. Puffkins were another plush toy thing I was *really* obsessed with when I was a kid. Still have a couple.

Seeyoulateralligator- Blue Bayou x Storm Flag. I just like this name. Alligators are cool.

Also even more Pokemon with foals named Archeops (Slickrock x The Wind Rises), Flygon (Breathe Desert Air x Between Two Rivers), and Rapidash (Stewbred, Handen Graphique x On Pegasus Wings).

More Cat names too: Cat Astrophic (Pete the Cat x Lateralus), Catscendance (Pete the Cat x Be Ascendant), Thundercats (Rift Storm x Socks for Em), Release the Kitties (Riven Gold x Cat Named Boots), Tiny Whiny Cat (Northern Avenger x Cat Named Celes)

Also have some more named after songs: Dark Black Forest (World Gone Mad x Shiny Haunter, QH), Don't be Afraid (Obsidian Fury x Be That One), Fury of the Storm (Dave Matthews Band x More Than Anything), Pluto the Gatekeeper (Hans Zimmer x Lonely Stars), Saturnine (Saturnalia x Grab Some Air), as well as a couple I named after bands: Coven (Hans Zimmer x The Magic of Stars) and Dream Theater (A Million Dreams x Princess Margareta). Technically Cretaceous (Kingdom Come x Astrodon) was also inspired by a song I like, but the regular definition of it being a geological time period is sensible.

Have some that are based on memes from various places: Ranibow Sprimkle (Silver Tabby Cat x Glaceon), It's a Star (Antares x Pachirisu), Foobaw (Catalyst x Sportsball). I suppose you could argue that Release the Kitties fits in this category, too!

Also realize I have several named after specific places. To go along with the previously mentioned Zzyzx, there's also Devils Postpile (Mitole x Haedi Bellatrix), Laguna Niguel (Let You Shine x Santa Fe Springs), Montana de Oro (Slickrock x Megdoro Eh), Point Nemo (There There There x Found on Atlantis), Roseville (Mr. Rose Thorn x Oroville), and Scoresby Sund (Nighteyes x Fjord), Shandon (World of Color x Cholame)

Naming is fun lol
I have a stable full of cats
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

I have a couple good ones this year.

Smoke Wagon is one taken from Tombstone as in Go ahead, skin that smoke wagon!

Eyjafjallajokull Is one taken from the game Civilization. It is the name of a natural wonder on the game and I think one in real life as well, in Finland maybe?

Another favorite is Margaret Houlihan. This one is really giving away my age. If you know, you know!
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1308666 and it's not even close. Named for his sire and his sire's companion animal.
You should reserve the name Long Dong Silver. LMAO
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Pettyhontas is the clear winner! :D She is my favorite!

Also Simmer Down who is out of Bless Your Heart is about as southern as it gets.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

I don’t name foals often but sometimes I have a select few named before they turn 1.

Bee witha Bad Itch named after life In General it’s a bee with a bad itch

Abby- Named after Travis denning song ABBY that in the song it stands for (Any Body But You)

But Did You Die is a yearling named after all the times family members would almost kill us as kids and when we complained about almost dying they would say but did you die.
Robert MicJee
Derby Contender

Post by Robert MicJee »

Ok, full disclosure, I'm still somewhat new so the excitement of naming hasn't worn off.
There's a bunch that I've enjoyed for one reason or another but I'm thinking my two favourites are:

Walken Closet (if you haven't seen the commercial, you should)
Seal Team Polka (I like the juxtaposition)
MicJee's Studs
Damascus Defender (TS) $20,000
That One Time (TR) $20,000
Onward Horse (Pacer) $5,000
Throwing Shadows (App Sprint) $8,000
Directing Perfect (TR) $5,000
Double Bass (Arabian Sprint) $5,000
Always Famous (SC) $5,000
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Astrild From the filly "Perfect Match" which I got leased after winning the TR draft contest.
Astrild is a relatively late Nordic name for Amor or Cupid, so I think it looks good for Perfect Match filly. Hopefully she does well.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Amy Bahama wrote: 3 years ago Eyjafjallajokull Is one taken from the game Civilization. It is the name of a natural wonder on the game and I think one in real life as well, in Finland maybe?
OT but that would be the Icelandic volcano that had a temper tantrum in 2010 and shut down European air traffic for a while! I was visiting family in the US at the time; the plan was to participate in a half-marathon and then hop on a plane home the same afternoon. Our flight was canceled and our stay extended for a few days thanks to that eruption, which is probably a good thing - my poorly-trained butt would still be sitting on that airplane otherwise, my legs were dead.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

curious as to how many people will be re-assigning your favorite foal names to future foals after festivus?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Last year I was able to narrow it down to one name and she galloped as a freak. I could only narrow down to 2: both song references

Morningtown Ride ( Dave Matthews Band- Time to Tell by Crush) and
The Southern Cross (Antares- Carnival by Summerland)
I'm just here for the fun of it