How'd you do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

Not going to mention a lot.

Luciher broke her maiden in good style. I bought this daughter of Lucifer as a broodmare prospect, decided to race her the rest of the season and am not regretting it. I was going to breed her to Atlas, but with his book closed, I think she's going to stay home for a date with Le Dauphin Noir.
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

YIPEEEEE! I got my first wins with On Eagle's Wings, my 2yo Giant's Causeway colt. Seer, Melhor Ainda's little brother, broke his maiden in fine style, by powering past his rivals.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Hear You Me won a claimer at Anthony Downs (i LOVE AD. LOL) and Aztrix ran 2nd in a large maiden field, her running line was very promising. even though she lost by 8 1/2. The rest of them ran alright, but not great.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

TURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRF I LOVE TURF OMG I AM FLIPPING OUT

Irish Derby: 1st, Chart (Jet-Ski - Banner, by Loki Flame)
Pretty Polly Stakes: 1st, Choral (Conduit - War Song, by A.P. Indy)
Shaconage Stakes: 2nd, Coast (Sports Jersey - Rain Dancer, by Storm Cat)
Irish Oaks: 2nd, Glacier Bay (Conduit - Mariah's Storm, by Rahy)
Maiden: 1st, Pendant (Conduit - Pennant, by Priceless Forever)
Maiden: 1st, Shared Secret (Conduit - Priceless Secret, by Priceless Forever)

Also, Yacht won the Hollywood Wildcat Handicap but that was on dirt.

Especially exciting for me is Pendant's maiden win (he was on dirt at shorter distances before this) and Coast's 2nd in her first try on turf. She was 2nd to Kizzer which was all I was hoping for from that.

YAY FOR TURF!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR GLORIOUS SONG AND RAIN DANCER!!!! YAY FOR MEEEEEEE!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :wub: TURF!!! :wub:
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ara, a War Song granddaughter I bought recently off the sales page broke her maiden for me this week, too. :) In Ireland.

I looooove European racing. I'd race there all the time if I could, but alas, it is not possible.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

YAY FOR WAR SONG AND SARAH AND TURF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who was it, btw?

Every week now I look at the European races and try to put my horses there before looking at any of the other races, lol!
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Wow that was an awesome week. 9 wins, in all.

My boys, Play On and Inspired Risk won. I guess we are headed to the Sprint Championships now. People won't duck them there. Tycoon races this week, I hope to see a tough field out against him.

Treasured was better behaved this week with her ear plugs, silly creature.

A few observations on the week didn't make me very happy. Stupid preventable break downs of good horses. But hey, you earned it.
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

TeriLawrence wrote: Not going to mention a lot.

Luciher broke her maiden in good style. I bought this daughter of Lucifer as a broodmare prospect, decided to race her the rest of the season and am not regretting it. I was going to breed her to Atlas, but with his book closed, I think she's going to stay home for a date with Le Dauphin Noir.
Whoever bred and named Luciher is a genius. :)

My week was solid. Not a ton of wins, many stakes placings. This was a 'light' racing week for me as I gave the week off to the majority of my 2 yr olds scheduled to run.

Two big wins to mention. The first being Jefferson breaking maiden with an 'electrifying move' to win by 11! The second is This One's For You beating Pageantry AND Loki Miracle over 10 furlongs. She just loves the distance so I am torn where to put her next...and more importantly, where to run her on BC Day.

Daryl
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Ara Davies wrote:
Irish Derby: 1st, Chart (Jet-Ski - Banner, by Loki Flame)
Pretty Polly Stakes: 1st, Choral (Conduit - War Song, by A.P. Indy)
Shaconage Stakes: 2nd, Coast (Sports Jersey - Rain Dancer, by Storm Cat)
Irish Oaks: 2nd, Glacier Bay (Conduit - Mariah's Storm, by Rahy)
Maiden: 1st, Pendant (Conduit - Pennant, by Priceless Forever)
Maiden: 1st, Shared Secret (Conduit - Priceless Secret, by Priceless Forever)
Must be nice to get those big stakes wins....oh well I guess I'll be happy with my one this year.... <_<
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I had a pretty good week.

First and most importantly, I finally conquered The freakin' Look Stakes, with Starry Eyed winning by nine. I've always had hard luck in that race, and I'm glad it's no longer mocking me every year. :lol:

I also had the following winners:

Great Northern: c.2 Giant's Causeway - Pronghorn, Gulch, maiden on TURF
Maserati: f.4 Storm Cat - Laetitia, Astarabad, maiden on TURF
Round of Applause: f.3 Give Applause - Standing Ovation, Dubai Millennium, maiden on TURF
Sic Transit Gloria: c.2 Em's Always Bust - Magicalmercurystar, Tri Star, allowance on DIRT
Snoopy Dancing: c.4 Conduit - Everyday Dancing, Loki Flame, maiden on DIRT

Classic also finished 3rd in the G2 Arlington Classic, and my cute little colt Racing Magic finished second in a restricted stakes race.

Good week! :D
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Sara. Don't give up hope. You've got very nice mares in the barn. Some of them I was just drooling over. Your yearlings look good.

Affirmative is a wonderful little mare. She needs a break from racing thou. Every other week isn't going to allow her to race at her best for you.

Ascar To Remind Us is a nice colt. He got beat today by a freaky bred sprinter, you can't be disappointed in that, he gave everything he had. Unsounded on Five Circles mares is a solid cross.

Wow, Brighter Nights. I'm in love with that horse.

Confirm raced HUGE last time out. Niiice filly.

Runtoapremont will have his day soon. Maybe on the day it matters most. I love that whole family, and this colt is soo good. It's only a matter of time until he's in the spotlight.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ara Davies wrote:YAY FOR WAR SONG AND SARAH AND TURF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who was it, btw?
Her name is Saving Grace. Her last try out (first time with me as owner/trainer) she grabbed a third, but needed more distance. I did plan on stretching her out, but her last races as a two year old were shorter, so I didn't want to freak her out. This week she won, it was a small field to be sure, but hey, I'll take it! And it'll give her confidence.

Don't forget the Zin baby you helped me breed! Hopefully next year we'll be screaming YAY FOR CABERNET AND ANGELIC SONG AND er, and uh, SARAH AND ARA AND TURF!!!!!!!

Edit: You were right, the mares and fillies in that family are crazy big. She's something like 16.3 hands. A pretty dark bay 16.3 hand filly who dwarfs most of my colts. Oh well.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

i had a good week....

whenithurtstosmile kicked butt in the king george/queen elizabeth stakes..
twilight kicked butt in the irish oaks....
quiet excellence won her stakes race.....

vampire was beaten in the prince of wales...
alcatraz was a bit of a disappointment, finished 3rd in her race...
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

Mixed results -

Anjou - 2yr Colt - put him in a G3 but terribly outclassed - back down to allowances

Art Market - 3yr Colt - dropped down in trip and managed a 3rd - will keep at this level/trip to see if this is his "bag"

Go Do Good - 3yr Colt - reliablity is his stable name and he showed it again with a good solid run in the Haskell Invitational by placing 3rd - same again next time pls!

Golden Scholar - 2yr Colt - disappointing run in maiden company but there is time to mature

Magic Legs - 4yr Gelding - a good come back run having been off the track since Yr15 Wk4!! A good 4th place and got his purchase price back already

In Cahoots - 2yr Filly - tallest horse in the barn and the stable star! Standing at a whopping 17hh this filly doesnt know how to run a bad race (except on turf!) - first step up into Graded/Listed company and over 7f and she managed a 6length romp! "impressive" was the official description. Where to next?!
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

It was a decent week. I had some seconds and thirds and two firsts. My biggest frustration is It's Okay to Love. THis mare is driving me crazy beyond belief. At 1 1/8 mile she needed more distance at 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 miles I get the same running line Went to lead, dueled, game late. So whats a trainer to do. I am about to hang up those pretty racing plates and put her in the broodmare band if I can't figure her out.
Had some other disappointments with Opaque and Queen Mary but hey thats racing.
On an up note I had a T.M. Awesome O son I picked up off the sales page break his maiden for me on his second try. I also had Tears of Triumph get his allowance win at 1 mile. Not sure where he will go now, I may keep him in allowance ranks or attempt a stakes race. But right now he is hanging out at the Farm relaxing and being a colt.
This week I have Tears of the Stars returning to the track so I am excited to see her come back to the races after some much needed rest. I had hinted at the possibility of trying her at 1 1/4 miles but still not certain. She may or may not head to the Breeders Cup. I am considering some of the one mile year end stakes races too.