Steward Breds Leaving, why is this happening again?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emma Hendrickson
Two Year Old

Re: Steward Breds Leaving, why is this happening again?

Post by Emma Hendrickson »

Jack Christensen wrote: 3 years ago
Brandon Schultz wrote: 3 years ago
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago For taking money out there is no reason that bank balances can't be either taxed or even just capped.
You must be new here
I don't think that we can dismiss that idea altogether Brandon. I strongly disagree with a cap, that is extreme, but if income is taxed after a certain point, like, after $1 million dollars of income in a week, the remaining income that week could be taxed at, say 8%. I'm sure there will be a lot of opposition to an idea like this, but if you think about it, it can't be detrimental in any way. It may frustrate some people with a ton of money, but it doesn't really hurt them. The largest non-private balance is $125,342,249 for April Eddy. No disrespect to her, but her bank account won't hurt if her income is taxed after 1 million, she already has $125 million. That's just the public balances. The lower level of the SIM isn't hurt at all financially, because the people with less money and less horses aren't bringing in $1 million plus per week. I think this would be a good starting point for coming up with a way to slow down money being put into the game and buying us time for a more thorough solution. This idea that Kelly started and that made me think isn't perfect, but maybe it would help out a bit.
I honestly agree with Jack on this. It wouldn't hurt anyone if income was taxed after making 1,000,000+ a week.
Boo!! :shock: :o
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

My issue with taxes is this game is my fun place. As a self employed person I spend an absurd amount of time, energy and money dealing with taxes in real life. I don’t even want to SEE the word tax, let alone figure out what freakin fake tax bracket I’m in.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I’ll only support SIM taxes if I can also have the fun of having to file SIM tax returns and hire a SIM accountant along with it. And only if all taxes go to new players or perpetually broke ones who complain frequently. Do this and I’d support a 60% tax on earnings over $100k
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Taxes don’t just make money disappear into thin air, they go towards funding something else. But what is there to fund in a fake horse game? Unless taxes are used to ‘spread the wealth’ but I don’t like that idea, that’s not taking money out of the game, rather just circulating it (which would be fine, but money is still being added to the game through purses).
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Taxes don’t just make money disappear into thin air, they go towards funding something else. But what is there to fund in a fake horse game? Unless taxes are used to ‘spread the wealth’ but I don’t like that idea, that’s not taking money out of the game, rather just circulating it (which would be fine, but money is still being added to the game through purses).
Alexandra Jaysman's hay bills, obviously. Someone has to care for our cast-offs. And whoever is mucking out the stalls, because I'm sure not doing it.

On a more serious note, I've played other sims with a tax system, the tax wasn't fun but the inflation issue prior to the tax system being put in place was near game-breaking. I say that not as a poor noob but as someone who was one of the richest players in the game.

The question is which part are people opposed to: removing money in the form of fees that don't necessarily benefit anybody, or calling it a tax?

Daily fees don't benefit anyone but remove money. Would expanding on that concept be something people find acceptable, in the form of higher fees, jockey purse commissions, vet fee at foaling, entry fees in all race categories, fines for starting forum drama? (Sorry, lost track of the serious note for a minute). Or should ideas focus on paid benefits to keep people happy, in the first class shipping model? Board at an expensive track makes faster fitness gains due to track proximity vs galloping around for cheap at home? Call our freebie improve comments a beta test and paywall them behind a trainer fee the way rest is paywalled behind a vet fee? Hacklu's Special Very Legal Injections to reduce chances of injury on a tight schedule?

Man idk anything
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Like random injuries we could have random $1 million disappears from your bankroll
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

The only two certainties in life, may become 3 for simsters :shock: :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

From what I see there is no way to control SIM bankrolls from growing. Unlike real life racing there is no "cap" on how many horses a player can own or how many races a player can enter. The "cap" in real life racing is real money and real management of each horse. There is no one in real life who owns thousands of horse and can race all over the world simultaneously in every race type from thoroughbred, to standardbred to mixed breeds. Unlike real life racing we currently have only 709 players in the game with 14% being the top 100. The typical 80/20 rule says 20% of the players take 80% of the money but I will work with the top 100 for this, back of the envelope exercise.

In year 56 the top 100 started about 214,000 races (2140 races per player), won 36,670 races and banked a bit over $1 billion. I have no clue as to how many races there are each year but looked at week 8 this year and found about 2500 races which is about 40,000 races a year to be entered by 709 players. In real life it takes 10's of thousands of owners to support that kind of race number.

On top of that there are expenses that we don't see here in the SIM. Race day expenses like vet fees for lasix and vitamin supplements, farrier fees, trainer fees ($0 since we all train 1000s of horses ourselves), jockey fees and win percentage payout for trainer and jockey.

That's all I got, no answers but felt like a rambling type morning.

PS I will miss Steward breds a lot but I might try to learn more about breeding going forward.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Taxes have been mentioned. Sicko mode engaged
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

it's week 8. there are plenty of races to win. Why are we even discussing any of this right now?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Can I regallop for improvers yet
;p
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Can I regallop for improvers yet
Yeah
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Man A speaking to Man B.....what do we need to survive in life......Man B fire is the most important thing.

So Man A set Man B alight in a act of kindness........hows that for deep lol :D
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

That’s not a good enough joke. I’m missing some context or the set up. Maybe it’s a big ditch between us
;p
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Maybe Andrew ,we are ethically harvesting each other ......wooooo