I'll write about anything

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: I'll write about anything

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I liked it too. It was a really nice read.
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 3 years ago I liked it too. It was a really nice read.
Well thanks it was fun to write. I might try to keep up the series "Hall Of Lame" if I get enough horses for it, i'll make another forum post for it.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Would you want to write about some of the old sim horses that sort of faded into obscurity? There's a lot that somehow never made it into the HOF so I wonder how much the newer sim players know about them. Lokite Magic, Sparkle Factor, Baby etc. Canoe's breakdown his debut, back when the Sim was feral, and Mighty Big pulling off what I think is still the biggest bomb in the Derby to this day. Some get overlooked because the race figures they ran back then wouldn't hold up to today's standards, but when the best the best horses are constantly running 80 speed figures you still have to be special to pull off constant wins in the biggest races.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 3 years ago Would you want to write about some of the old sim horses that sort of faded into obscurity? There's a lot that somehow never made it into the HOF so I wonder how much the newer sim players know about them. Lokite Magic, Sparkle Factor, Baby etc. Canoe's breakdown his debut, back when the Sim was feral, and Mighty Big pulling off what I think is still the biggest bomb in the Derby to this day. Some get overlooked because the race figures they ran back then wouldn't hold up to today's standards, but when the best the best horses are constantly running 80 speed figures you still have to be special to pull off constant wins in the biggest races.
I never even knew of Canoe's thing but it sounds like a story to retell (as sad as it is). I'll first write Canoe's article and then hopefully i'll go to Mighty Big because i've always liked his story.
"Nathan you tweaking"