Pretty Sad Vs Age Of Scorpio Week 14 Day 5 Match Race Who wants it

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Pretty Sad Vs Age Of Scorpio Week 14 Day 5 Match Race Who wants it

Post by The Steward »

I messaged Karl and Bri about the race, 6.5 furlongs obviously, with a purse of $750,000 that was already donated from another player, so no, not money randomly put into the SIM. But everyone agrees it will take out too much before the SC.

Unfortunate, since it is unlikely they will face each other.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=6735

vs.

The Scarlet Nite only won by 15 lengths in his next and final race. Good times. jX
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Different times, different SIM. There's enough incredible horses around now that this would be very unlikely to happen.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Different times, different SIM. There's enough incredible horses around now that this would be very unlikely to happen.
Carole, why dismiss this exciting wrinkle out of hand just because it was a match race was in the past SIM history? What example can you draw on that would make this unlikely to happen? I'm offering an extra S$1,000,000 for the match race. S$1.5 million total , if they both also race in their Steward's Cup races. jX
Last edited by Jon Xett 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

And in other news in a miraculous turn of events Diabolical X is 3 again and will compete as well.

Side note I wonder In today’s sim how good Nicolas and Rodriguez would have been .
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Jon Xett wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Different times, different SIM. There's enough incredible horses around now that this would be very unlikely to happen.
Carole, why dismiss this exciting wrinkle our of hand just because it was a race in the past? What example can you draw on that would make this unlikely to happen? I'm offering an extra S$1,000,000 for the match race. S$1.5 million if they both also race in their Steward's Cup races. jX
I can’t draw a specific match race example admittedly, but Em herself has spoken about the best way to prep for races and running high figures and tiring yourself out before the big race is not it. I like the idea of the race, but not week 14.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I also would say Karl has more to lose with his filly being unbeaten.
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I messaged Karl and Bri about the race, 6.5 furlongs obviously, with a purse of $750,000 that was already donated from another player, so no, not money randomly put into the SIM. But everyone agrees it will take out too much before the SC.

Unfortunate, since it is unlikely they will face each other.
Makes sense i'll still dream about the race in my head. Good luck to both of them in the Steward's Cup.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Carole, why dismiss this exciting wrinkle our of hand just because it was a match race was in the past SIM history? What example can you draw on that would make this unlikely to happen? I'm offering an extra S$1,000,000 for the match race. S$1.5 million total , if they both also race in their Steward's Cup races. jX
Come on Jon! You’re sitting on the Scrooge McDuck money bin with DMB money. Up it to $5,000,000 and make this interesting for all involved.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I'd be down!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Sounds like $5 mil would convince them!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon jon
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Sounds like $5 mil would convince them!
Really?
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago
Come on Jon! You’re sitting on the Scrooge McDuck money bin with DMB money. Up it to $5,000,000 and make this interesting for all involved.
Dude! Did you squander all your sire money? Where is your contribution?
Jon Xett's Transactions = $27,514,118 which is comfortable, admittedly but who cares? Really, who gives a duck's butt? Ha! See what I did there'?
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Dude! Did you squander all your sire money? Where is your contribution?
Jon Xett's Transactions = $27,514,118 which is comfortable, admittedly but who cares? Really, who gives a duck's butt? Ha! See what I did there'?
I'm $16M in the hole this year, gotta circle the wagons in the DD barn. You'd be a hero to the SIM if you make this happen though!