Very Important Festivus Question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Very Important Festivus Question

Post by Ma Springs »

I think it will be by division...or maybe my most anticipated one by one first this year.
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I do mine all at once for an overview and then I look at each horse individually and cull the ones I don’t want into my annual auction.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Could i ask ,what is the cheapest way of dealing with a unwanted peak yearling claimer
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Lance Macisaac
Miler

Post by Lance Macisaac »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Could i ask ,what is the cheapest way of dealing with a unwanted peak yearling claimer
Sales page for a small amount like $1 (or maybe like $2, all the even number amounts get lumped in together) would be the cheapest option. Adjust the price every few days to keep it on there. However, I think they're worth racing sometimes, especially if it's like an all weather miler or turf sprinter or dirt sprinter, as claimers can still be successful there. Try a few bottom-level maiden claimers once it turns two - might even get claimed if it does okay. Even then, it can be worth keeping horses that don't perform and just checking for unfilled races to put them in.

But to answer your question, dropping it on the sales page is the cheapest option.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

thanks Lance.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

All at once, I don't have time to even think about doing them one by one. With the racers I'll regallop by each gallop group so I can quickly spot changes
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I generally do them by division. One year, I took the day off work and galloped them all individually in the same order that I bred them. It was really fun, but I also used up 8 hours of vacation time just so I could be disappointed slowly...
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I do one by one as I guess I enjoy spreading my pain out slowly
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I used to do one by one, then 2 years in a row my top mares produced claimers and solids - so now I just rip the bandaid off and gallop all at once.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I'm with Nena. I've waited 16 weeks for Festivus, can't be having it all over in one click... I want to see how long the claimer streak can get when I gallop them one by one, see which mares really let me down, give personal attention and build-up to the breedings I've been excited about, really savor that "wait, how did that one gallop so well??" feeling. IIRC gallops are 9 am on Saturday for me, I look forward to a lazy breakfast affair.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Gallop 10 have a wee dram, Gallop 10 have another wee dram rinse repeat.

Wont matter what they gallop after 70 gallops, ill be happy lol lol
Jon Snyder
Classic Contender

Post by Jon Snyder »

I am also an individual galloper, usually starting with what I think will disappoint me the least.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

I try to gallop individually, by division, saving my favorites for last so as to achieve maximum disappointment. :D By the way, Shannon, you said 9 am your time? Are you in the US? I need to figure out when it is for me.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Eric Gray wrote: 3 years ago I try to gallop individually, by division, saving my favorites for last so as to achieve maximum disappointment. :D By the way, Shannon, you said 9 am your time? Are you in the US? I need to figure out when it is for me.
I'm in Sweden, GMT+1. I believe it's midnight Cali time? If you look in the calendar, assuming you have the game set to your time zone, y58 Races Open is when foals also can gallop so it should show you the time there (unless I have been lied to).
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

One at a time so I can milk my anticipation and then when its over the fun is only halfway done as its time to give them all names.
"Nathan you tweaking"