Giveaway

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I have a couple of horses I've purchased this week strictly because I noticed they were running entirely too often in entirely too many places under their current trainers. I don't have use for these particular runners, but I would like to be able to give them to a trusted newbie with the caveat that they are allowed several weeks rest and then run on relatively easy schedules.

Anywho, if anybody is interested, do let me know. Thanks.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I would be interested, but... AHEM... am doing my best to scale BACK my barn right now. I was under 250 this morning. For a few minutes.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I should note that the guys I'm thinking of aren't necessarily great horses, but could be useful in lower level claimers. Forgot to mention that little caveat.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
horse_breaker_gal2006

Post by horse_breaker_gal2006 »

I am interested also I run mine about every four weeks and would love to give one a loving and kind home.
Nancy Prather
Two Year Old

Post by Nancy Prather »

I would love to help out. I try to run my horses at least three but prefer four weeks in between races. I also vet check my horses after every race just to ensure they are fit and healthy. Thank you for reading.
Anne Conradt

Post by Anne Conradt »

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I would like one or two because I'm new (just started 10/26) and am taking it really slowly with the horses people have given me. My grandfather was a trainer at Evangeline Downs and when I used to muck stalls for him after school, the one thing I learned for him was not to overrace horses. He hated other trainers who would kill horses just to make a buck. His strategy was burned into my brain from a very young age. Thanks for considering me.

Mark Rhodes (Dumb newbie, but willing to ask stupid questions and learn anything i can)
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

Mark... for a guy who has been here less than 2 weeks--you already have 44 horses (only 2 of which are not of racing age) to put that in perspective,,I am in my third year and only have 60 of racing age.

I would recommend slowing down, feeling your way around the site and getting familiar with the horses you do have.

Bigger is not much better (Paul H not withstanding) It is far better to understand your horses.

slow down fireball and enjoy the ride...

it's the journey not the destination :-)
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I have another one I purchased today that probably needs literally 6-8 weeks of rest. He's been shipped to Tokyo via Madrona Ridge farm twice in the last week. As soon as he clears waivers - so to speak - the next newbie down the line will get him. Thanks.
Ramey Furney
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Ramey Furney »

I'm interested also. I try to give my horses at least 3 weeks between races.

Thanks,
Ramey
Sires

Crown Thy King~ Freak Streak~ Fire Strike~ Struck Fire
Malik
Penned in Ink~ corgi
Ghost Pepper

New Sire for Year 47 ~ Sparksfly Wildside
Kristen Lexcen
Miler

Post by Kristen Lexcen »

I am interested if you have anymore that you would like to go to a good home.
~Katie