Hello Everyone!

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kristen Lexcen
Miler

Post by Kristen Lexcen »

Hello everyone! I joined back in August but, really haven't had a chance to introduce myself. It seems like everyone is very friendly and a close group! I am so excited to figure out what I am doing haha. There is just so much to learn. I have been trying to read as much info on the game as possible but, it always helps to hear from people who have experience in the game. So, if there are any tips or anything for getting started on the right track I would love to hear from you!
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Tips: don't buy maiden steeplechasers, utilize Trial Park as often as possible and have fun! :P
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

hello and welcome, yes don't pick up those maiden steeplechasers unless you are brave like me and luck out to pick 2 who end up doing pretty darn good over the jumps

the walkthrough is still handy to me, carefully placing horses, like putting them in the right condition, using claiming races, whether to race or to buy horses

ask questions if you have questions I am sure someone will be more then happy to help out

welcome
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Welcome to the game Katie - it's so much fun and I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do. :)
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Welcome to the game! It's tons of fun, glad that you decided to join the forum!
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Yes, welcome Katie.

The forum is probably the best place to get advice and answers after you've read through the tutorial. Read as many Feature Race articles as you can as well, and start writing some if you don't mind doing some research - they earn you money as well.

The best advice I can give is probably this game is best learned in doses. You can't possibly understand it all at once. I've been very active on the forums and written dozens of articles, and there are still 3 or 4 people I'll go to for help on certain horses, or for certain topics. And I'm still asking questions here as well!

So enjoy! This game is ultimately what we make it, so the most important thing is HAVE FUN!
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Katie! About time you got yourself on the forum. Lots of love from me, as always.
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

Wow, I had to do a double take! As a life long Flyers (hockey) fan, I thought your name said Kate Smith. She sang the National Anthem before many a game, and became somewhat of a good luck charm!

Wow, I went way off topic there, but welcome!
Kristen Lexcen
Miler

Post by Kristen Lexcen »

Thanks to everyone who has sent me horses!! I am excited to see how they will do!! Also, thanks for all the help! ~Katie