Make foals immune from random injuries?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Make foals immune from random injuries?

Post by Danny Derby »

Basically just to let people breed their mares throughout the year safely without having to worry about their foals getting hit, rather than having to crunch everything into a single week at the end as most of us do now. I don't think this would really take away from the game's income, people would still insure their nice foals regardless and insure their strong gallopers after the year flips, would just make breeding easier.

Is there any downside for this?
Aaron Tonning
Miler

Re: Make foals immune from random injuries?

Post by Aaron Tonning »

I 100 percent agree with this!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yes I am very much in agreement with this
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

That’s what insurance is for
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 2 years ago That’s what insurance is for
You're missing the whole point of this. We already get a week at the end of the year to breed foals without worrying about random injuries. What's the actual downside of extending this to their entire 0-year-old year? It's still advantageous to insure any foal you would be interested in insuring as soon as they hit the ground, it becomes more expensive if you wait until they're 1. People wouldn't be insuring foals any more or less, they'd just be breeding them more throughout the year.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

I completely agree
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Disagree. I think to keep the Sim realistic they should get random injuries.
Foals die from all sorts of random things, Foaling complications, paddock injuries, illness and whatever else they can find that can hurt them. They cant die at birth and Its limited to 2 which is much better than real life.
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Diane Townsend wrote: 2 years ago Disagree. I think to keep the Sim realistic they should get random injuries.
Foals die from all sorts of random things, Foaling complications, paddock injuries, illness and whatever else they can find that can hurt them. They cant die at birth and Its limited to 2 which is much better than real life.
100% agree, love that it makes the game more realistic

If you don’t want a foal injured then insure them
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Diane Townsend wrote: 2 years ago Disagree. I think to keep the Sim realistic they should get random injuries.
So would you support random injuries occurring during the break? For that matter, would you be okay with getting rid of insurance entirely? It’s unrealistic that we can pay to prevent a horse from ever getting hurt.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Remember when Ara's star filly, The Look, died in a barn fire? Old SIM was so mean LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

You can always buy insurance for your foals which helps remove money from the game.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

and no I didn't even read all the posts so see Nick Gilmore already touched on this.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago
So would you support random injuries occurring during the break? For that matter, would you be okay with getting rid of insurance entirely? It’s unrealistic that we can pay to prevent a horse from ever getting hurt.
there are many things in this game that are unrealistic, should we just get rid of everything unrealistic?
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

yes indeed stuff happens to horses in real life so if we want it to be realistic it should be here but here is the thing everything is this game cannot be a 100% realistic cos if it was having insurance would not prevent a horse from being injured
A horse will still get injured even if you have insured it in real life
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pietro Vella wrote: 2 years ago and no I didn't even read all the posts so see Nick Gilmore already touched on this.
Once again you're missing the point. Having a week or two during break where we can already breed with zero risk of random injuries basically negates the entire purpose of foals being able to be injured at all. It just forces most people to do most of their breeding during the break. I'll currently breed foals that I know I'm going to insure earlier in the year, but most of the rest wait until after W16. I'm not insuring any more or less foals, it's just condensing the time period we realistically have to breed.

Now imagine this change comes and 0 year olds are no longer able to get injured. I'll breed all my mares earlier than I would have, but just like before I will spend money insuring the exact same mares as I would have under the old system. For myself and I'm willing to bet most others there'd be no significant impact on the number of horses being insured. It still would pay to insure horses you wanted to as foals because it costs less than doing it later, but doesn't penalize you for breeding earlier rather than later.