Another Dumb Newbie Question

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Daniel Carrier
Two Year Old

Post by Daniel Carrier »

I looked for awhile, but couldn't find anywhere that said what time on Fridays the races are run. When should I check to see my results? Also, what's the deal with the parties in the chat room? that take place on racedays? Still trying to figure things out. Thanks!
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Normally, Friday results don't show up until after 11:00PM (Central), but I read somewhere that The Steward is going to be running results early tonight, so look for them around 7:00 (again, Central) if I remember correctly.

As for the parties in the chat room, I wonder about those myself as my computer at home won't let me open chat! :angry:
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

No question is dumb!

About the time, Em used to post it on the home page but she doesn't do it anymore.

The chat room parties are always fun. You should come join us! Tonight is a special night, Louisville Derby night, so there's an even bigger party in there than any other results night.

Em says Derby post time (the time she'll post the call live in the chat room) is 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern, and regular results should be up by 6:15. One important thing: when the Steward is running the results, don't click on anything having to do with the SIM! Exit out of all your windows containing SIMly things except the chat room. Clicking on the SIM will * up the results.

I don't think I've welcomed you properly before, so hello and welcome to the SIM! Very happy for you to join us.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Tuesday's races are run at 6PM Pacific with race results showing up shortly after that. The parties usually start about an hour before. The parties get exicting when the Steward shows up because she generally has some giveaway contests.

Friday's are normally a 9PM Pacific race time again with results shortly after.
Folks get on at all time on Fridays so it's a longer chat time. Again the Steward gives stuff away just before race time. I'm in the east so I'm in bed by post time.

This week's Friday race time for the Derby is 6PM Pacific but I think there might be some race call of other races before that so get there early.

Looking forward to chatting.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

generally the post times are located in RED letters when you go to enter a horse in a race. Where you choose the equipment and click the Enter button. ;)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Thank you, Jolene.

Tuesday races are always run at 5 pm Pacific, with results being posted about 5:07ish.

Friday races are always run at 9 pm Pacific, with results being posted at 9:18ish (it takes longer for Friday).

Today post time is 4 pm, but results won't be posted until 6:18ish. The chat room party starts at 4 (Again, Pacific) and there are various contests, etc.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Daniel Carrier
Two Year Old

Post by Daniel Carrier »

Thanks for the info everybody! Hopefully I'll talk to yall at the party tonight. Good luck!