*STEWARD APPROVED* Astro - TB Dirt Router Stud

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: *STEWARD APPROVED* Astro - TB Dirt Router Stud

Post by Eric Gray »

Very nice!
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

As we move into the last 6 weeks of the year don't forget to send some mares Astro's way. He is a great stud at a great price, backed up by the use of the steward herself.
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

As we push into the final weeks of the 60th sim season, I'd like to remind everyone that Astro is a fantastic deal of a stud. He is a double stakes producer in his first crop, and produced 40%+ Allowance and above. He is STEWARD-APPROVED and has a stakes yearling stewardbred in training. Below is some more information on him and what he could produce well with.

CONFORMATION:
17 hands
6yo
5X Stakes Winner
Total Earnings: $512,500
Total Stats: 23: 7-7-1
Soundness: Sound

CURRENT PRODUCE:
These are the pedigree's of his two yearling stakes colts, Pisces and an unnamed colt owned and bred by Jon Snyder. As you can see, both dam sides have Rambling on top in the third generation back. Both colts are working consistently well at 6 dirt furlongs, claiming spots #2 (tied 3 ways with a War Like Me and Kobe colt's) and #18 in the top workouts for yearling colts at that surface and distance combination, as well as 7th at 7 furlongs.

BREEDING RECCOMENDATIONS:
Astro is already producing great colts to go longer distances, and ran well in marathon conditions and though he didn't get very much changes at 1 1/2 miles+ he won at both 2 miles and as short as 1 1/16th, making him very versatile. His sire, Mister Awesome, won consistently at 2 miles, but his dam side came from more traditional router distances. Personally I am exploring the route of combining him with longer distance pedigrees like Tarasenko mares, as well as Hold Above and others with that marathon type running style. With 2 colts already showing speed and talent at longer distances, I recommend trying it out.

HYPOMATES:
Here are some of his hypomates with a wide variety of mares, tons of different pedigrees here and differences in quality and production between the broodmares.

Here is his hypo to a blue hen alongside other top studs with much higher stud fee's.

Give him a go!
Last edited by Ren Marston 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

He seems to be a good boy for breeding ^^
(Just be careful with sharing hypos, it's for simperiors, I made that mistake too with Crayon and had to delete when others informed me) ; ) < 3
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago He seems to be a good boy for breeding ^^
(Just be careful with sharing hypos, it's for simperiors, I made that mistake too with Crayon and had to delete when others informed me) ; ) < 3
Ty for the heads up! ill look into it <3

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

UPDATE:

Astro's yearling colt owned and bred by Jon Syder is now tied for FIRST in the top 50 workouts for yearling colts at 6 dirt furlongs; running 1:09:31. To put it in perspective, his two competitors for the top spot are Erin Sanderson's Cowboy Bebop and Craig McGee's Manship. Both of these colts come from some really cool mares and stallions, being War Like Me and Kobe. Astro is proving that he can compete with the best of them in the production and for a fraction of the cost. Don't forget him for your mares!

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

bumping this, his colts have worked even faster since the last update and he's seen much nicer mares this season and I'm willing to bet his crop this season will reflect it in their gallops.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Just now I've worked out his stewarbred son Pisces at 6 furlongs and he ran 1:09:27, the second fastest time for male yearlings at 6 furlongs ranking just behind the VERY fast Danny Derby bred Salad Fingers. Don't forget this guy in the final breeding moments!

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000