Well, it's a win...

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Well, it's a win...

Post by Mark Mclaughlin »

... but not what I expected. As a Junior player I was having trouble hitting the board with the horses I had accumulated to date. Looks like I'm stuck with them until they turn 5yo. Sim and learn. Races at Junior High were scarce to the point of being almost non-existent so I decided to create a few to give my charges a little break as even the cheapest claimers were a struggle for them. The first one went off yesterday. MY HORSE WAS THE ONLY ONE IN IT. Didn't know that was a thing. I wanted it easier but not like that. I assumed there would be AJ horses added to at least make a field. I was curious why no other Junior simmers entered and was surprised to find there were only 28 of us with at least 10 starts this year. I've got 6 more races bought at Junior High for 60/6/1. Other than my entries there's a combined FOUR other entries. I had no idea, I feel rotten about it. I'll never do that again.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Well, it's a win...

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

1) No need to feel rotten, it is an allowable strategy
2) Consider the pensioner program for your culls. Pension them, ship them to one of Rochelle's farms, and offer them to her for $0. She will take them off your hands.

Good luck.
Mark Mclaughlin
Sprinter

Post by Mark Mclaughlin »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 2 years ago 1) No need to feel rotten, it is an allowable strategy
If it's not competitive, I don't want any part of it.
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 2 years ago2) Consider the pensioner program for your culls. Pension them, ship them to one of Rochelle's farms, and offer them to her for $0. She will take them off your hands.
Good to know, thanks Kelly, I will.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I believe Pete and Laura also do this, if you have horses closer to their farms (not too sure about Laura but Pete definitely does do this).
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Mark Mclaughlin wrote: 2 years ago
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 2 years ago 1) No need to feel rotten, it is an allowable strategy
If it's not competitive, I don't want any part of it.
Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 2 years ago2) Consider the pensioner program for your culls. Pension them, ship them to one of Rochelle's farms, and offer them to her for $0. She will take them off your hands.
Good to know, thanks Kelly, I will.
Part of being competitive is spotting the best fields to make the most money. You are in fact a Junior so why wouldn't you run at Junior Park? There is no reason for you to feel bad or think you are doing something wrong. The point of Trial Park and Junior High is for new players to get the feel of the game and to learn race placement. I think putting your horse where they can make the most money is fantastic! I always tell new players the smartest thing they can do is run all their horses at TP because you can make a ton of money! I feel like most new players do not take advantage of either track like they should. And to me using those tracks to the fullest is being very competitive and getting the most out of your new and junior status.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

If you have any horses close to Peyto East (New Jersey), I can take care of any older horses you do not want, just ship them there and send them to me for $0 - cheers!