Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Louise Bayou »

You know what would be AMAZING?? Being able to book and pay for a breeding and it would hold the spot for us!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Louise Bayou wrote: 2 years ago You know what would be AMAZING?? Being able to book and pay for a breeding and it would hold the spot for us!
Oh I like this!
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Well it’s a way to avoid boarding fees and insurance which I think the game sees going in the wrong direction..

One thing I noticed just looking at an aqueduct chart is that prize pools went to 6 places .. 6th place got 3% and first got 55% which is more than we have but I think overall it’s a good idea because it should cause a few more races to fill and a 15,000 race finishing 6th would net 450 which at least covers shipping costs pretty much and I think the more places pay the more players get something and the more that get pay the more stay..
Murray McNickle
Turf Router

Post by Murray McNickle »

I read this entire thread today on my break and it was fun reading all the ideas getting implemented so fast (I did not read the dates of said comments so all this happened in my reality all at once), was a ton of good ideas, I'm going to go hit some buttons.
Nothing, absolutely nothing...
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

In buy horses/sale page when you 1st enter there should be no horses showing. You can select your interest 1st and quickly minimize wait time to load
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

For sponsored races, we can currently restrict them to player status New/Junior/Intermediate. Would it be possible to get another restriction which would open it up to all 3? So a race that's targeted at new-ish players in general, but not hyper targeting just one of those groups. Looking to sponsor a series of races for that cohort.
Sophie O'connor
Two Year Old

Post by Sophie O'connor »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago For sponsored races, we can currently restrict them to player status New/Junior/Intermediate. Would it be possible to get another restriction which would open it up to all 3? So a race that's targeted at new-ish players in general, but not hyper targeting just one of those groups. Looking to sponsor a series of races for that cohort.
Love this idea.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

I'd really like it if we could have an extra week of races open at all times, since its pretty common for people to alternate between 2 weeks rest and 3 weeks rest for their horses, it makes it difficult to remember which horses are waiting for that race entry when you want to opt for a 3 week break if you run a medium to large operation...could go for workouts too
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

I like that, Ren.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

I mentioned this in one of my articles, but I think it would be neat if the horse whose win got you a milestone victory (100 wins, 5,000 wins, etc.) could have their winning race linked to in your trophy room like all the other types of trophies do.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

(if there's a way to do this that I just don't know about, let me know)
But under "Status" in all barns, a "For Sale" filter would be really nice. That way you could isolate horses whom you want to mass-select and sell/edit the price on.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

I'd love if on the search page we could add 'anywhere in pedigree: [insert horse name]' under where you can search sire, dam, dam sire, etc. It'd be really convenient when searching your own horses!

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

I love the "stakes winner" "stakes producer" tags on horse pages.

I don't know if this is possible but it would be awesome if we could get additional words added such as "multiple" "graded" "G1" etc.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 2 years ago I love the "stakes winner" "stakes producer" tags on horse pages.

I don't know if this is possible but it would be awesome if we could get additional words added such as "multiple" "graded" "G1" etc.
I'd love to see "winner" too. Or "multiple stakes/graded stakes/ect" winner like Equibase does. I'm sure that'd be complicated to add since it'd be so many more horses than stakes winners or producers (at least I assume, I have a very basic understanding of code).
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

i'd love to be able to turn first class shipping on for individual horses

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000