Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Nicole Marie wrote: 2 months ago On the subject of barrier trials, can we possibly have something like that for steeplechasers?
This! :) I would also like barrier trials för steeplechasers! :) Pleeeease?
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

in Recent Winners

The number of victories and the owner's link appear, if you could change the link directed to a list of all the results to see which were the winners of that Owner
Angela Perry
Two Year Old

Post by Angela Perry »

David Faulkner wrote: 2 months ago in Recent Winners

The number of victories and the owner's link appear, if you could change the link directed to a list of all the results to see which were the winners of that Owner
I like this idea!!!
Tom Mudgett
Derby Contender

Post by Tom Mudgett »

It would be helpful if you could sort the racing barn by stakes winners and maidens, maybe via the status drop down. Stakes winners because they always should run. Maidens because knowing their fitness level at a glance would be really nice.
Zarley - 25k - DM
Troika - 25k - DM
Timeweaver - 20k - DM
Swordsman - 15k - DM
Fra Mauro - 15k - DM
Some Rocky Socket - 10k - DM/DR
Space Invader - 7.5k - DM
Cotton Eye Joe - 5k - DM
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

I remember talking to someone else about this, but not sure if it made it onto this thread. It might be fun if the Jockey had another option, aside from equipment, to ask about preferred distance. Something like:

"This seems like a good distance for Horse."
"Horse could have used some more ground and had a nice gallop out!"
"Horse could benefit from a shorter distance, they were really struggling in the latter stages of the race."

Just a vague idea of where the horse might run best at within their division.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 month ago I remember talking to someone else about this, but not sure if it made it onto this thread. It might be fun if the Jockey had another option, aside from equipment, to ask about preferred distance. Something like:

"Horse could benefit from a shorter distance, they were really struggling in the latter stages of the race."

I love this idea so much
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

This is a two-fer!

1. Being able to have the “book this sire” button when hypomating active racing mares, instead of having to go back to their page and manually do it.

2. Being able to use the status filter in racing barns to filter out booked/not booked horses
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Rochelle Bos wrote: 1 month ago This is a two-fer!

1. Being able to have the “book this sire” button when hypomating active racing mares, instead of having to go back to their page and manually do it.
+1, I've asked for this before too!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 month ago
Rochelle Bos wrote: 1 month ago This is a two-fer!

+1, I've asked for this before too!
(Me too too 🤪)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Would it be possible to add a search function for set horse type in the horse search form? E.g I'd like to search for horses with horse type set as dirt sprinter with Monkey Brew as dam sire.

Monkey Brew was a versatile sire and dam sire of 918 horses, both sprinters, mid and routers.
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

I would really appreciate if we could get more claiming races for 3yo chasers. It's been bugging me for years, ever since I started breeding them very early on in my Sim career. I would love to run more of my crop but there simply is nowhere to go for the slightly lesser horse. Some weeks I can't find a single claiming race for them, and later when there are some 3yo+ races my youngsters don't seem to stick with the older horses quite yet.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’m not sure if I asked for this already… but on a stallion’s studbook page can the best nicks table have a column for win%, and total from that cross in addition to winners and starters?

For example:

Beau

Best Nicks
Damsire • Total • Starters • Winners • Win%
Fearless Spirit • 232 • 101 • 70 • 69.3%
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Rochelle Bos wrote: 1 month ago
Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 month ago I remember talking to someone else about this, but not sure if it made it onto this thread. It might be fun if the Jockey had another option, aside from equipment, to ask about preferred distance. Something like:

I love this idea so much
Great suggestion.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Maria Schreuder wrote: 1 month ago I would really appreciate if we could get more claiming races for 3yo chasers. It's been bugging me for years, ever since I started breeding them very early on in my Sim career. I would love to run more of my crop but there simply is nowhere to go for the slightly lesser horse. Some weeks I can't find a single claiming race for them, and later when there are some 3yo+ races my youngsters don't seem to stick with the older horses quite yet.
This might be a good change across the board for 3 y/os.

Give them extended cards of 3 y/o-only races that are season-long, but only for claimers. It would be a little easier on the young horses than 3/up races but you're risking the horse to enter.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Gwen Morse wrote: 1 month ago
Maria Schreuder wrote: 1 month ago I would really appreciate if we could get more claiming races for 3yo chasers. It's been bugging me for years, ever since I started breeding them very early on in my Sim career. I would love to run more of my crop but there simply is nowhere to go for the slightly lesser horse. Some weeks I can't find a single claiming race for them, and later when there are some 3yo+ races my youngsters don't seem to stick with the older horses quite yet.
This might be a good change across the board for 3 y/os.

Give them extended cards of 3 y/o-only races that are season-long, but only for claimers. It would be a little easier on the young horses than 3/up races but you're risking the horse to enter.
Yea 3yo only claimers seem to stop surprisingly early in the year for thoroughbreds.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*