Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Nicole Marie »

Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pegasus Hype!
Last edited by Danny Derby 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
Clarehaven Stables
Sprinter

Post by Clarehaven Stables »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 week ago Image
It will never happen.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Clarehaven Stables wrote: 1 week ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 1 week ago Image
It will never happen.
Maybe because 'recently modified' in the drop down list as well, so it's not just breeds. I'd like 'not pensioned' and 'not retired' to be added as well. Might also be fun to have 'has headshot' too ;)
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I would love to see the % of horses that prefer mud be more proportional to the % of races on off tracks.

I am sure I am not alone in feeling a sense of dread when I see a horse prefers mud. While I admittedly don't know exactly how surface preference is determined my guess is its fairly random. Looking at my racing barn I currently have 40 horses with no preference, 42 that prefer a dry track and 49 that prefer a muddy track. So fairly evenly split with over 1/3 of my horses preferring a muddy track. But off track races are only a small subset of races, so I often struggle to find off track races for my prefer mud horses. And when I do find them given how many prefer mud horses I have I tend to have to run my horses in the same race more often than I would prefer. Also while I haven't done an extensive dive into this I wonder if the disproportionate number of horses that prefer mud to mud races leads to said races winding up with bigger fields. As a completely unscientific n = 1 when entering my 2yo filly paint sprint maidens I couldn't help but notice that the 2 off track aces on W3D6 had fields of around 10 the one dry maiden race had a field of 4. I'm not saying prefer mud horses should be eliminated but if they were a smaller percentage of horses more proportionate with the number of off track races available perhaps some of these pressures could be relieved.

At the very least it would be helpful if when sorting by track condition we had an option for all off tracks rather than just the separate options of good, sloppy, etc.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
April Hoffman
Two Year Old

Post by April Hoffman »

I would like to see a make offer button on the sale page because I think a lot of people would sell more horses that way. Just a thought.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

April Hoffman wrote: 4 days ago I would like to see a make offer button on the sale page because I think a lot of people would sell more horses that way. Just a thought.
This is an awesome idea!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt