Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Gwen Morse »

"Leasing stats" (like Trainer and Breeder stats) for the horses we lease out.

This should have an option to block it (maybe a checkbox or radio button on the settings page?)

I know this will really annoy some people with OCD who will be bothered by rows of 0's if they don't have a leasing program.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Riley Darby
Two Year Old

Post by Riley Darby »

Not really a small thing but showing things like jogs and gallops on the training chart would be super helpful.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

This might be here already but I would LOVE it if chaser gallops and flat gallops stayed separate. That way you wouldn’t ‘lose’ the flat gallop when you taught a horse to jump, or lose the jump gallop if you galloped on the flat. With the new RL studs so versatile, it’s getting really confusing now I have a bundle of flat and chase types. It’s separate for broodmares, so it would be really helpful if it could be separate for gallops too.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 3 weeks ago This might be here already but I would LOVE it if chaser gallops and flat gallops stayed separate. That way you wouldn’t ‘lose’ the flat gallop when you taught a horse to jump, or lose the jump gallop if you galloped on the flat. With the new RL studs so versatile, it’s getting really confusing now I have a bundle of flat and chase types. It’s separate for broodmares, so it would be really helpful if it could be separate for gallops too.
Hate this. In the case of a sire that can do Chase and Flat, the chase foals who gallop different career or claimer as youngsters eventually have those awful stats fall off the stallion once the train over jumps. Keeping them on there permanently would stink.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

But now those stallions are losing allowance and better gallops when those horses train over fences, and ends up as a chase claimer when the owner says ‘whelp guess it can’t jump’ and retires it.

Perhaps the answer is to keep only the most recent gallop/train over fences for the stallion stats, but allow us to see both stats in the horse sales pages or training/racing barns. Or make it a custom barn only option so it’s a GP perk?
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 3 weeks ago This might be here already but I would LOVE it if chaser gallops and flat gallops stayed separate. That way you wouldn’t ‘lose’ the flat gallop when you taught a horse to jump, or lose the jump gallop if you galloped on the flat. With the new RL studs so versatile, it’s getting really confusing now I have a bundle of flat and chase types. It’s separate for broodmares, so it would be really helpful if it could be separate for gallops too.
It's not really a "small" thing but it would be good if the Steward would commit to tearing down how she tracks stallion "stats" and re-doing them in the future.

So, we can see stats by distance category and breed (for cross-breeding and flat/chasing). With the breed/distance categories coded into the game the way they are, and many stallions having some degree of versatility, one set of stats doesn't work.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I like that we now have barrier trials in Europe, but please, can we have barrier trials for steeplechasers ?
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Any chance of getting a “breed all” button on the bookings page? 😅

Could have it use selected genders (a paying the GP if required), and assign the “select a name later” option… 😅🙃 it would obviously have to skip stallions who aren’t available, and possibly skip GP/S$ stallions.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Can we mix in nakota genes to our TB and make blue horses
;p
Mary Lukas
Two Year Old

Post by Mary Lukas »

Now that the Breeders Cup has added two qualifying races in South Korea, can we get a track there, please?
Guess who’s back, back again.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Suggestion for the "auto-ship to farm after a race' feature. Instead of having it ship to the nearest farm, would it be possible to change this to ship to a random farm that's located within 100 miles of the track? I think that spreading these horses around would be more fair to farm owners, and I'm also sure the intent isn't to grant an essential monopoly to just a single farm per track.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Danny Derby wrote: 1 week ago Suggestion for the "auto-ship to farm after a race' feature. Instead of having it ship to the nearest farm, would it be possible to change this to ship to a random farm that's located within 100 miles of the track? I think that spreading these horses around would be more fair to farm owners, and I'm also sure the intent isn't to grant an essential monopoly to just a single farm per track.
As someone that had someone make a farm that little bit closer to a track than mine I like this idea. Though I might go with something closer than 100.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 week ago
Danny Derby wrote: 1 week ago Suggestion for the "auto-ship to farm after a race' feature. Instead of having it ship to the nearest farm, would it be possible to change this to ship to a random farm that's located within 100 miles of the track? I think that spreading these horses around would be more fair to farm owners, and I'm also sure the intent isn't to grant an essential monopoly to just a single farm per track.
As someone that had someone make a farm that little bit closer to a track than mine I like this idea. Though I might go with something closer than 100.
+1 but I would say any track that is within $100 (or $200 if first class) shipping cost - not sure the exact distance that is
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Random between any farm with $100/$200 shipping makes sense as well.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

If I choose to ship to the nearest farm that is what I want, not a farm potentially 100
Miles away
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA