Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Two Small Things

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago Yes Mr. Lord Rich, what improvement would you like us to add?
I would totally pay 10K GP to instantly breed all my booked (eligible) mares with one push of a button.
Eligible meaning they are named, are not barren or bred, the stallion slots are available and money in the bank to pay the stud fees.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago
The Steward wrote: 1 year ago Yes Mr. Lord Rich, what improvement would you like us to add?
I would totally pay 10K GP to instantly breed all my booked (eligible) mares with one push of a button.
Eligible meaning they are named, are not barren or bred, the stallion slots are available and money in the bank to pay the stud fees.
I could use that (but for free, thank you 😅)! From the Bookings page. "Breed all". Name will be set at a later date. Colt/filly ratio must work out, if not set - first fill up colts if needed, then random.
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

When you rename a horse in your pasture, it gets to keep its life. When you rename a horse that belongs to Alexandra Jaysman, she immediately shoots it in the head, killing it instantly. I'm not saying it should be changed i'm just pointing it out and saying it's cool
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Can we have a breed these horses button after Anna Doolittle gives you a hypomate? Seeing a good hypo then navigating back so you can actually breed those two horses is kind of annoying
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Is it possible to cut down the fastest works on a stallions page to just that stallion's surface and distance(route for route etc)? The stallion pages are just SO cluttered with every distance and every surface.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Louise Bayou wrote: 1 year ago Is it possible to cut down the fastest works on a stallions page to just that stallion's surface and distance(route for route etc)? The stallion pages are just SO cluttered with every distance and every surface.
I second this! - turf routers show the works for 5/6/7f turf, sprinters show 2/3f - etc.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Louise Bayou wrote: 1 year ago Is it possible to cut down the fastest works on a stallions page to just that stallion's surface and distance(route for route etc)? The stallion pages are just SO cluttered with every distance and every surface.
Thirded
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Diane Townsend wrote: 1 year ago Can we have a breed these horses button after Anna Doolittle gives you a hypomate? Seeing a good hypo then navigating back so you can actually breed those two horses is kind of annoying
+1
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Ren Marston wrote: 1 year ago Image
bumping this because holy crap my workouts got so screwed up this season due to this issue and life overlapping with the sim!!!!!
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

an additional meme to support my cause
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I see some 2 birds one stone potential here if horse types were coded to have relevant workout parameters (surface/distance that makes sense for said horse type). Then the stud book could be set up to only show relevant workouts for said stallion's horse type and when going to train only relevant workout parameters for the horse type would pop up as options. Simplifying pages nad eliminating the risk of accidentally working your turf router 2furlongs on the dirt.

Though admittedly I also like the idea of being able to set a "default" workout type for individual horses, so you could work all your horses at once without having to go horse type by horse type and that would be slightly different coding.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

How about an award for top partnership. My best idea yet. I’m so humble about it…
;p
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

PLEASE think about updating broodmare comments. It will prob incite teeth knashing, but we have waaay too many blue hens. Everyone has one or dozens, and in opinion they should be super rare, like 10-20 in the entire Sim.
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago PLEASE think about updating broodmare comments. It will prob incite teeth knashing, but we have waaay too many blue hens. Everyone has one or dozens, and in opinion they should be super rare, like 10-20 in the entire Sim.
I wouldn't want them to go down to just 10-20 to fit in with the real life meaning of 'Blue Hen', but I agree it would be nice if broodmare comments could get an overhaul like the gallops did.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago PLEASE think about updating broodmare comments. It will prob incite teeth knashing, but we have waaay too many blue hens. Everyone has one or dozens, and in opinion they should be super rare, like 10-20 in the entire Sim.
If you are an experienced breeder, and your blue hen isn't producing after at least 3 foals, you soon realize maybe she isn't as advertised.
Especially when her pedigree tells you she is overrated.
No need to change IMO.