Two Small Things

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Two Small Things

Post by The Steward »

Brandon Schultz wrote: 1 year ago Workout data is a great idea on the stud pages but what about Speed figure data? Top 5-10 speed figure runners for each stallion. Might be cool to also see a horse's top speed figure on their page?
Horses now show their top speed figure on their horse page, which is a prelude to the above
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Peter Quill
Sprinter

Post by Peter Quill »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Brandon Schultz wrote: 1 year ago Workout data is a great idea on the stud pages but what about Speed figure data? Top 5-10 speed figure runners for each stallion. Might be cool to also see a horse's top speed figure on their page?
Horses now show their top speed figure on their horse page, which is a prelude to the above
I like these changes but too go a little further could we have the highest speed figure also available to be displayed as a column in custom barns?

E.G We would be able to also sort our runners by highest highest speed figure to lowest highest speed figure..or reverse. I think nice for entering horses.

Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Since everyone's already all angst ridden now that gallop comments have been adjusted to be more accuate can we do broodmare comments too. All my paints seem to be blue hens these days and all my paints can't actually be blue hens.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago Since everyone's already all angst ridden now that gallop comments have been adjusted to be more accuate can we do broodmare comments too. All my paints seem to be blue hens these days and all my paints can't actually be blue hens.
You just want to watch the world burn huh ;)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago Since everyone's already all angst ridden now that gallop comments have been adjusted to be more accuate can we do broodmare comments too. All my paints seem to be blue hens these days and all my paints can't actually be blue hens.
You just want to watch the world burn huh ;)
I’m ready for the mare bsa adjustment as long as we don’t have to pay 10k on each again to find out. One day of mass bsa for free on all mares in game with new bsa threshold adjustments
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

+1, nay, +1000 on this!

Mares with comments already paid for should of course have them automatically updated.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I know the yearlings having gallop comments as well as the new stuff was a mistake but...I really like having both and I'd personally love to have that stay, especially if the thresholds have been adjusted to be more accurate to the horse's competitiveness.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago I know the yearlings having gallop comments as well as the new stuff was a mistake but...I really like having both and I'd personally love to have that stay, especially if the thresholds have been adjusted to be more accurate to the horse's competitiveness.
Yup, +1000000000 on this.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Can comment be added as an optional column for our custom yearling barns? I would like to see the text of the comments in the grid.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Can you please add in the lease auctions that we can lease yearlings, at least if its a 2-3 year lease?
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
I love it!
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

This may be in the plans and just hasn't been gotten to yet because rattle snakes, but with the new gallop comments I think it would be useful if some of the information would populate the horses page, so someone didn't have to dig through the history to remember/make notes. Running style in particular seems something of use to have noted when looking a a horses page and entering

Also because I like generating angst I've been thinking more about updating gallop/broodmare comments and I wonder if there is a way to change the whole system so it updates automatically. I assume currently how things work is there are some number thresholds put in and then as horses evolve those number thresholds become less accurate so every so often they need to get shifted, at which point they are pretty out of wack so noticeable changes in gallop numbers happen and angst. What if instead of numbers they wee percentages, so they would automatically evolve as the horses do. To some level there might be more angst as things are always changing, but on the other hand, they would remain more accurate and there would be less dramatic changes and would also be less work if they updated automatically. Also these things regularly evolving would give people more incentive to recheck thus taking more money out of the game.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Peter Quill
Sprinter

Post by Peter Quill »

Mr. Lord Derby wrote: 1 year ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago I know the yearlings having gallop comments as well as the new stuff was a mistake but...I really like having both and I'd personally love to have that stay, especially if the thresholds have been adjusted to be more accurate to the horse's competitiveness.
Last edited by Peter Quill 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Todd A. Pletcher
Miler

Post by Todd A. Pletcher »

+1
In life, as in the SIM, they will always knock you down, that is not really important, what you must learn is to get up with more strength.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Is the "Soundness" column supposed to be updating with the new comments?
I got several such as 'your run of the mill racehorse that can probably handle a normal schedule' or 'is tough as nails and can run more often. Try 7 to 9 races per year!' I'm assuming they would be rated "sound" and "very sound", but it's still marked as "unknown". I don't want to have to pay to make it show up if I get it for free, and I don't want to have to dig through the History either.