Hello!

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anna Benson
Classic Contender

Post by Anna Benson »

Just wanted to say hello!
I've recently joined at the suggestion of a friend, and am very excited to begin playing. From what I've seen and heard from my friend, this is the best horseracing game around, much more reality based than anything out there.
I haven't bought any horses yet, my friend told me to use the New Players Sales page and avoid maiden steeplechasers, but I want to look around a bit and get a better feel for the game, I don't want to spend all my money too soon!
I've been reading the forum alot and what my friend told me is true-what a fun community of horseracing lovers!
Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Anna
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Anna, I admire your attitude to employ the wait-and-see approach to this game. I know it's real tough to not buy, buy, buy. I've sent you a horse that ought to be competitive at Trial Park for you, just find some good spots for him! ;)

And I'll offer this, do not to be afraid to buy the flat-racing $1,000 horses on the new player page, it'll be a great learning experience for you, that costs very little money.

Welcome!!!

Leonard Beagle
Kira Ravenwood
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Kira Ravenwood »

Welcome to the game and have fun in the game!

Just be careful and research the horses and races I guess is the only advice I can give you right now.
Now Standing:
One Listens $5,000 Dirt Sprinter
Ease Up Lad $10,000 Turf Sprinter
Battlestar $40,000 Dirt Sprinter
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Welcome to the game, Anna. A lot of great stuff on the forums and on the Feature Race right now, great opportunities to learn.

Take your time, and enjoy!
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

If she were only the real Anna Benson...
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

How funny, you share a name with one of my favorite teachers ever. You didn't ever teach 2nd grade did you? :lol:
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

J Slotman wrote: If she were only the real Anna Benson...
Ohhh yeah...... :rolleyes:
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I need to be a bit more careful. I have no idea who Anna Benson is, so me being the curious type I googled her and almost got busted by my boss.... :blink:

Oh, and welcome Anna.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Kevin H wrote: I need to be a bit more careful. I have no idea who Anna Benson is, so me being the curious type I googled her and almost got busted by my boss.... :blink:

Oh, and welcome Anna.
Wife of former Oriole/Met/Pirate Kris Benson, of course! Oh, and she also said she'd do something to the entire Mets team if Kris ever cheated on her.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Kristen Lexcen
Miler

Post by Kristen Lexcen »

welcome Anna!! I know you will enjoy the sim!!
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

Welcome aboard!
Anna Benson
Classic Contender

Post by Anna Benson »

Thanks guys! :D
No, I've never taught second grade..and yes, the real Anna Benson has nothing on me! :lol:
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

We now have a SIM Anna Benson. How great is that? I've just gone over to the dark side thanks alot Slotman. :ph34r: And I apologize for being an older man who loves fast horses and good looking women or is that fast women and good looking horses (I stayed on topic, didn't I?)? <_<

All sleezyness aside welcome to the SIM Anna.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Welcome to the SIM, i'll look around and see if i can find a decent horse for you. With all the outgoing newbies, i'm running low. LOL
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Hello Anna! Welcome to Sim!
My best advice from Newbie to Newbie is definitely hang out in the Forums and don't be afraid to send lots of messages to the big players. They give lots of great advice and sometimes, if they really like you, they'll give out horses! :D Good luck!