Help the Steward Help You

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Eclipse Champion

Re: Help the Steward Help You

Post by Andrew James »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=729220 with Vengeance or Grief.

Why? Because its fun! Will it work? probably not. Is it a good Hypo? No! But Messiah had a little teeny bit of dirt miling ability and VoG is an awesome DM sire. Maybe it will work. Again probably not though.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This is how out of it I am: I don't remember posting this 5 hours ago. LOL
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

J.P Dogood wrote: 2 years ago Not sure if it counts but you could do a fun one by sending minding to contrail to get the beloved Galileo/deep impact matchup.
This was fun!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tom Mudgett
Derby Contender

Post by Tom Mudgett »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago This is how out of it I am: I don't remember posting this 5 hours ago. LOL
Hmmm that sounds bad.
Zarley - 25k - DM
Troika - 25k - DM
Timeweaver - 20k - DM
Swordsman - 15k - DM
Fra Mauro - 15k - DM
Some Rocky Socket - 10k - DM/DR
Space Invader - 7.5k - DM
Cotton Eye Joe - 5k - DM
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 2 years ago I picked one at random: Need to Breathe. Maybe pair her with Castles Crumble? It would be 3x3 High Dreams and 3x4 Rambling. Not sure it would work since High Dreams wasn't a star on the track, but she was a glorious broodmare, and the line connects well to itself. I haven't checked all your mares, so maybe you have another mare better suited to Castles Crumble too?(I hope you don't mind me both trash-talking and glorifying your mare, Erin?). There's also Carson if you want to zoom out a little, it's the same maternal line but further back.
I ended up using Carson and Ziggy elsewhere because I wanted to hit them both, but I really liked your reasoning here with Castles Crumble. I didn't like Carson as much with this mare.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 2 years ago Tears in Heaven to Ryker because there’s NO matches between top and bottom of that cross and that’s almost unheard of in dirt sprinting.
This is hot, I love Ryker as you know.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Pietro Vella wrote: 2 years ago More Than Anything with Nokk because it worked out well with DMB himself so why not try one of his sons.
This was a nice way to use Nokk.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago More Than Anything to Phoenix Argyle for a very pretty 3x4 inbreeding to Maryland Million from a forgotten sneaky nice sire that produced current superstar Japanese Majesty.
I ended up going with Nokk for this mare but used PA for a mare I have called Battlefield who is a Conquerer. I still think that PA gets a bad rap for being too marathony when his pedigree says no, and that's the issue Japanese Majesty will face as people bombard him with Hold Above mares and the like when faster mares - like Conquerer mares - would be better.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Garret Folsom wrote: 2 years ago Happily Ever with Franzia.

Because:

1.) He's one of the best AW Routers ever
2.) A- hypo
3.) Zahariel - Astral Talisman - Frantic Angel (Same cross - Franzia/Benjamin)
4.) You've never used Franzia before
I'VE NEVER USED FRANZIA BEFORE!??!?!?!?!?!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Randell Johnson wrote: 2 years ago For my own Stallions: Chase Elliott x Spooky would be an interesting match. Flat A hypo, with a good mix of DM + DR, could definitely be a beast on the track. Spooky has only been sent to pretty straightforward DR's, so might be an interesting combo.

As for other Stallions: Marvel x Spooky, because I am legitimately wanting to see Spooky with a more focused DM + DR stallion.

Might just be me, but I like those matchups.
I couldn't pull the trigger on trying to get more speed with Spooky. She's in my top 3 mares on numbers alone, and her DM numbers with James Dean being the sire are pretty bad. No idea how she got a Flat A hypo with Chase Elliott, because even though he's dual-distanced you wouldn't think the James Dean would help matters (or maybe it helped it into an A that I don't trust).

That said I did go for Marvel because I was looking for a mare for him all day.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Andrew James wrote: 2 years ago https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=729220 with Vengeance or Grief.

Why? Because its fun! Will it work? probably not. Is it a good Hypo? No! But Messiah had a little teeny bit of dirt miling ability and VoG is an awesome DM sire. Maybe it will work. Again probably not though.
YOU should sell me some DM mares so I don't run out in the future after like, 2 mares, since I have none and you're hogging the good ones!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nena Olson wrote: 2 years ago With The Light crossed with Voyage would result in an A- hypo with no inbreeding (they each have inbreeding but Voyage's inbreeding of Feat (4x5), Kismet(5x5) and Black Condor (5x5) and With the Light's inbreeding of Pride of Atlantis (4x5) don't inbreed with each other lol) and it will fall off the foal's chart when the 5 x 5 drops off.
Stuff like this is so PRETTY
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 2 years ago As far as my stallions go, perhaps Refuse Surrender to Hydreigon? She seemed to do alright with Obsidian Fury, who is his sire.

As far as not my stallions go, I gotta say Ahtohollan and Valley Cat. Ahtohollan did really well with Valley Cat's daughter Madeline, so I'd probably try him with Valley cat too!
LOVE Ahtohollan and Valley Cat. I haven't done enough looking at Hydreigon yet. Will examine.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Valley Cat to See You in the Dark because the Sepia Tint inbreeding isn't too close (it will be basically cancelled out in the foal) and then you end up with turf sprint pedigree full of who's who of TS great studs.

With Care to Moon Faced you get Two Toned and Sidney in the pedigree, plus 2 wonderful female producing mares. And Moon Faced is still the only stallion active to have produced a 2yo turf triple winner.

Found On Atlantis to So Much to Say because he hypos good lol
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Flaxen and Julius Caesar

Because it fits your criteria and you haven't used him yet. Also he's a top hypoing AWS stud right now.
;p