Giacomo Rocks!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I think this section is brilliant, and more people should use it. So I'm going to join Slots and Performing Tricks and start a Giacomo Rocks thread.

Good news for all those concerned that I was considering scratching him from the 3rd leg of the Puerto Rican Triple Crown - The vet gave him the "Ready to race!" sign this morning, which means he will definitely go to post. This will be his toughest test this year. We have utmost respect for Noble Aura and his trainer. The rest of the field isn't a cakewalk, either.

I would love to hear suggestions on what to do with him after tomorrow night. Right now, I'm looking at two scenarios:

1) Keep him on the island, and try out older horses.

2) Ship stateside, and go for some bigger purses.

Any thoughts?
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Give him to me.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

The Steward wrote: Give him to me.
Umm, that wasn't an option! :lol:

Maybe someday, you'll send Cadeauje his way, and then we can make a trade... ;)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Send him far away from Puerto Rico! Life Divided would like to win a Grade 1! ;)
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

If I had a single routing dirt horse of note, I'd be ascared. As it is, my barn gets turfier by the minute.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

NikkiSherman wrote: Send him far away from Puerto Rico! Life Divided would like to win a Grade 1! ;)
He'll get his Grade 1. I like that horse a lot.

And hey, there's always Trinidad and Jamaica!
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

Giacomo Rocks Paul's socks. Good Luck buddy, hope you get that triple. Either Way he is sound and quality. Must be nice to have a Grade 1 winner this early in your successful SIM career.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Half a length shy. Spectacular race, though. I can't say that enough.
Anne Conradt

Post by Anne Conradt »

Yes it was quite a race, read all about it on the Feature Race Page, oh and Paul, you owe me a free breeding (maybe two if the first one doesn't work out)for the publicity LOL I'm looking for a dirt router mare, as you read.

you will get your GR 1 with that one!

ROCK ON GIACOMO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markey rhodeo
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I've officially made up my mind, and Giacomo Rocks will be pointed toward the Super Derby in Louisiana week 14. In preparation, we will be running a 5 furlong workout toward the end of week 12. He has thoroughly enjoyed his time in the Caribbean, and may very well return. But next Sunday, he will be moving to Who Dat Farm in order to prepare for his next big challenge. If he does well, I plan to campaign him in California next season, although I am still working out some alternate scenarios. As always, suggestions are welcome!
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Reasonfortheworld can't wait to tango with you there =D
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Anne Conradt

Post by Anne Conradt »

I was hoping you would bring him to the Super Derby, Paul. I'm a little far south of where it's run, but if this was real life, I would definitely be there.

Thanks for giving us a feel good story with this great, gray colt.
Gary Cooper

Post by Gary Cooper »

What are you guys... brothers ? Cousins ?
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

The Super Derby is still a possibility on the agenda for the year, but since he vetted well early in week 11, I've decided to send him stateside for a tuneup instead of running a workout. Giacomo Rocks will be running a 9 furlong Grade 2 at Dirtway in Kentucky this week. Depending on his performance, there is still an outside chance he will head to New York for the Steward's Cup on a full 4 weeks rest.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

The outside chance has turned into reservations at the Marriott Marquis. New York, here we come.

Going into last nights race, I wanted him to beat that field by open lengths (I was thinking 4, but 8 certainly works) and I wanted him to show me he's still improving, time-wise. Check, and check. It's going to be tough to wait 4 weeks to enter him again, but it will be worth it for the Steward's Cup. This horse has been such a trip, even if he finishes out of the money, it will be worth it to see him up against the best, where he belongs.