Sixagonal

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

To quote Paul Heinrich in his topic on Giacomo Rocks!
I think this section is brilliant, and more people should use it.

Sixagonal is awesome. When I put a bid on him I did because he was the only one in my price range. Then I got him! I was super excited because my bid was like 3 or 4 hours before the auction ended. He was mine!

I was thrilled to get a 2nd Shields bred, more so when Thirty Thousand didn't pan out for me. Sixagonal is turned out to be more of a horse then I expected. I mean he finished SECOND in a SC race! Behind a great horse and in front of other good horses. (Sorry can't use great as that is Ben himself, and well Six is great to me so yea)

Sixagonal is a champion to me in every way. He's by pensioned sire Octagonal whom I knew nothing about until I got him. He's helped me learn more about turf in the game since that is what he is. Sixagonal, if he were real life, would be like a once in a lifetime horse to me. I love him!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I think the big three should all get together in something like a seven furlong race again soon.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

He is a great horse Jade. Congrats on owning him and good luck with his future! I personally think the big three should stay away from each other..lol B)

I also think the big three might be the big 4 or 5 and i already include Legend up here with them.

Again, Congrats Jade!
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Mac Silver wrote: He is a great horse Jade. Congrats on owning him and good luck with his future! I personally think the big three should stay away from each other..lol B)

I also think the big three might be the big 4 or 5 and i already include Legend up here with them.

Again, Congrats Jade!
I don't know, Silver, if you stay in Europe and I stay in Europe; it seems completely unavoidable. I love second place finishes though (see Jolly Good).
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I love Sixagonal. Winning the South African Guineas was really a special victory.

I'm confused, though. Is the Cape Town Derby the 3rd leg of the SAF Triple Crown? If not, what is it?
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

It is the third leg it just doesn't say it. I don't think it ever did (I had to look it up!)

Oh yea Sixagonal will be finishing his season in South Africa, then as a Four Year Old I'm thinking of Australia and New Zealand, or Hong Kong area, I am hoping to AVOID Ben unless I can't :)

Ben, Performing Tricks, Six are greats in and of themselves!
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Sixagonal's win at 1 1/2 mile may be enough to solidify him as a router as well. He may not have to meet Benjamin Franklin again after all
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Jade Leroux wrote: Sixagonal's win at 1 1/2 mile may be enough to solidify him as a router as well. He may not have to meet Benjamin Franklin again after all
Don't get too excited. Legend and Atlantis are no patsies.

But fantastic win over 12 furlongs. Sixagonal has to be considered the class of his division among 3yos right now.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Sixagonal's win last night was fantastic! I'm so pleased with my colt. I also did quick research of other races at the same distance last night and he had the top time. He is now on his way stateside (against what I orginially planned) for the SC Turf... four full weeks at the farm I think he'll be ready. I'll take a decent placing in the race to get him ready for his four year old and final season.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

"Hello Anna Leroux, How about this weather? Let's take a look at Sixagonal. He doesn't have any leg problems currently. This horse is ready to race! Have a great day!"

That's the vet's report for my boy today. I am doing daily checks on him now until Stewards Day! Go Sixagonal! He's the Big Man! lol, not that I'm biased or anything. OK maybe I am a little bit :) I love my colt
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Just wanted to point some things out from my side:

- Sixagonal WILL race through Y22 at this point.
- At that point he will be retired and stand for a fee that I will determine
- He will race Y21 in Japan and Hong Kong for a yet determined plan and finish the year at the Estrellas more then likely.
- In Y22 he will be kept in the US and race in turf routes there, barring injury or whatever. I will probably retire him mid Y22 so keep him in mind!

Also I kindly would ask for people to stop dissing him around me. I think it's not very kind as I don't go around saying crap about your good horses. If you've got a problem with him kept it to yourself. Oh and please don't post here if you have something bad to say at all. Keep comments positive. Like I said I don't diss about your good horses when they turn out to be not so good so something. Sixagonal is a great colt and honestly? After last night I felt like those of you in the chat were not very nice, so if you don't have something nice or constructive don't say it, unless I ask for it. Thanks :)
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

Anna--

first I must say that you are probably one of the most kind people on the sim..I will never have anything against you...

But I think you need to get a thicker skin. One of the best parts about having a GREAT Race Horse like Sixagonal is that he will be in the public limelight and open for discussion about how good/bad he really is.. Keep in mind that no one discusses bad horses. In fact you should take it as a compliment and for that matter take his butt load of purse winnings to the bank and smile.

I think for the most part you missed the points of the discussion.. I didn't hear this "dissing" that you refer to,, what I heard was 2 things 1. People were reserving judgement of him until he takes on some bigger horses during the year.. (six did great in SA but it was against soft competition) 2. People were trying to give you advice.. you were going on about how excited you were to breed six to one of your filly's-- the simsters were giving you advice to reconsider as that would breed a router to a sprinter/miler type. It wasn't criticism of sixagonal but rather the breeding idea.

Anna you talk alot about Six--I understand that he was your breakthrough horse(Disclosure--in fact I wanted six really badly as I own his sis and bro out of the same dam.) When a horse gets brought up alot you are going to get peoples opinions... some good some bad..

that being said..enjoy your horse he'll make you a TON OF CASH!
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Just gotta say getting nominated is awesome. I'm not going to ask you to vote for my horse. All I have to say is I am so happy that he made it to nominations. The only thing I have to ask of you is to thing about who are voting for and vote for the horse you think deserves the award, mainly because it is the only award he was eligible for so I ask that if you feel he deserves it vote for him. If not don't.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Ahhhh I'm so happy and proud of my big boy! Many thanks go out once again to those who vote for my handsome colt.