Testing The Market....

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I find I do better selling them on the sales page, and just a very few "select" foals in an auction.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I must admit player run auctions on the forum get very largely ignored by me because they are a pain in the rear. However a little note saying, something like "TOMORROW I'm putting horses on the for sale page". Much more fun. Price them at the top end of their price range, and what doesn't sell in 2 days, drop.

Yearlings tend to bring higher prices, so I'd just wait on them until next year.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I agree with Bri in that yearlings will bring better prices than foal. Plus, you don't have the same costs as foals as you do with yearlings, so you're better off waiting.

As to auction/not auction, I've done both. With more proven horses, especially fillies, sometimes you get a higher price going the auction route. With other horses, I tend to find you're better off pricing them for what you are willing to part with them, or think they will sell for, and putting them on the sales page.
Gary Cooper

Post by Gary Cooper »

You can try a little - VIP Sale in the Chat Room... send out invites to players you want there, and let them know the time and date... come prepared with the links to each horse and go from there. That way you have select clients to your horses whom you know might be able to afford the quality, and you have everything together.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

That's a very good idea Gary.

Sell a bunch on results night even, when there are lots of people, and we're in the mood to be silly spending money. It could be a whole month of fun if you wanted it to be.