SIM Mini Mistakes Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM Mini Mistakes Thread

Post by Nick Gilmore »

RRH, don’t feel bad, I remember Ara breaking down Trafalgar as a 3 year old doing that.

As for mistakes, I’ve made too many to remember them all. Cheers!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

The mistake of wasting six real life years of not playing after joining the SIM.
I joined in Y27 and commenced playing Y44.
Wasted those years playing on a now defunct SIM.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Gwayne's World wrote: 1 year ago The mistake of wasting six real life years of not playing after joining the SIM.
Strongly relate to this. I joined y23, but it was break and I didn't understand what that entailed so thought the game was dead. Rediscovered my account in y51. Also spent those in-between years on other games that did shut down for real.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Somehow, no matter how diligent I am, I can never get my yearlings on a proper workout schedule. Sometimes I miss the workout day by several days, sometimes I accidentally work them in the same equipment multiple times while trying run through all equipment, or run at the wrong distance which means I have to test that equipment again at the correct distance. More frustratingly I will misread sw and sr and work horses with the wrong one, which then messes up their schedule even more (assuming I even catch the error!). Seems like a yearly habit I've gotten into. The only ones that don't suffer are the ones that I've bought the equipment for.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago Somehow, no matter how diligent I am, I can never get my yearlings on a proper workout schedule. Sometimes I miss the workout day by several days, sometimes I accidentally work them in the same equipment multiple times while trying run through all equipment, or run at the wrong distance which means I have to test that equipment again at the correct distance. More frustratingly I will misread sw and sr and work horses with the wrong one, which then messes up their schedule even more (assuming I even catch the error!). Seems like a yearly habit I've gotten into. The only ones that don't suffer are the ones that I've bought the equipment for.
If you have simperior, you should be able to schedule training so then it's kind of on auto pilot and you don't have to worry so much about it :)
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
Autumn Blackmill wrote: 1 year ago Somehow, no matter how diligent I am, I can never get my yearlings on a proper workout schedule. Sometimes I miss the workout day by several days, sometimes I accidentally work them in the same equipment multiple times while trying run through all equipment, or run at the wrong distance which means I have to test that equipment again at the correct distance. More frustratingly I will misread sw and sr and work horses with the wrong one, which then messes up their schedule even more (assuming I even catch the error!). Seems like a yearly habit I've gotten into. The only ones that don't suffer are the ones that I've bought the equipment for.
If you have simperior, you should be able to schedule training so then it's kind of on auto pilot and you don't have to worry so much about it :)
Oh I do! and I still mess it up somehow! I think half the problem is Simperior, because I schedule out 3 workouts and then I always forget to schedule more when those are finished.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 1 year ago
Gwayne's World wrote: 1 year ago The mistake of wasting six real life years of not playing after joining the SIM.
Strongly relate to this. I joined y23, but it was break and I didn't understand what that entailed so thought the game was dead. Rediscovered my account in y51. Also spent those in-between years on other games that did shut down for real.
I also am guilty of this, I found the game overwhelmingly complicated first time I joined.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

The following works generally well for me because: 1) I don't run all divisions 2) I only work allowance and up as yearlings (with the occasional late blooming productive who's sibs all jumped as 2+ year olds) 3) have simperer and barns 4) don't have a big barn 5) I buy a lot of game points

I do training/set up training on Sunday mornings

I gallop all yearlings 2 times a week until week 9, those that are allowance or better go into their own barn. I check equipment for one piece on all. All the "needs vet piece" ones go into the dirt miler division and I vet them weekly prior to giving a work-out. The "needs another trainer piece" not yet coughed up go into the AW Miler barn so each one can be worked weekly with the a second piece. Once I'm pretty sure they go Ito a barrier race so I can make sure I have it right.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Saw that I was "done" with single-piece workouts. Got through about twenty yearlings, picking out equipment combos and testing them. Realized I had skipped sw week. Well shoot, go back and do those.

Then realized I had skipped hb week too.

Amateur hour over here.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I thought this filly was already nominated to the SC. She is definitely not. Fail. *cries*
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!