workouts analysis articles

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

workouts analysis articles

Post by Art K Stables »

I think the dirt sprinter 2f analysis was interesting though its not a surprise that 3f results are more indicative of sprinting success.. I think this will be indicative not just in dirt but turf results as well.. Zippity Zap was mentioned and a perfect example of the reason to not get overly excited about 2f results.. I don't mess with the AW but I suspect the conclusion will be the same so keepem comin WC Lee!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Re: workouts analysis articles

Post by John Smith »

agree, my 2f "superstars" seem to just be quick with spotty/suspect finishes...

"a gauge of sheer speed" perhaps
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

I was just looking for the useful articles that WC Lee created on workouts, but can't find them. Any ideas anyone?
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

The articles that I wrote got automatically deleted after 6 months. It is part of the SIM's way to keep the Article archive from getting overwhelmed.

I have not contributed any articles this season due to this whole AI writing craze. i don't think I am the only one that has stopped writing due to this.

If I have time this weekend, I will try to write up some follow up articles on what I have learned about Speed Figures and Workout times in the last calendar year.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Wc Lee wrote: 2 months ago
I have not contributed any articles this season due to this whole AI writing craze. i don't think I am the only one that has stopped writing due to this.
I've only written one this year and it was just a tribute post when Reddington died.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

David Howard wrote: 2 months ago I was just looking for the useful articles that WC Lee created on workouts, but can't find them. Any ideas anyone?
Heaven help us if you get any better. I set my goals around OTB % and you are always just off the charts in that category, in a class by yourself!

Someone steal David's reading glasses- he ain't allowed to do no improvin' :lol:
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I couldn't find the workouts but here is a link to his BRAT calculator. Maybe if you message him he might have copies of the workout stuff?
https://simhorseracing-brat.uw.r.appspot.com/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

Wc Lee wrote: 2 months ago The articles that I wrote got automatically deleted after 6 months. It is part of the SIM's way to keep the Article archive from getting overwhelmed.

If I have time this weekend, I will try to write up some follow up articles on what I have learned about Speed Figures and Workout times in the last calendar year.
That would be great if you could write some follow up articles. I definitely found your previous ones useful
Kelly Haggerty wrote: 2 months ago Someone steal David's reading glasses- he ain't allowed to do no improvin' :lol:
:lol:
Lori Hamill wrote: 2 months ago I couldn't find the workouts but here is a link to his BRAT calculator. Maybe if you message him he might have copies of the workout stuff?
https://simhorseracing-brat.uw.r.appspot.com/
Thank for sharing the calculator link, Lori!
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

The updated article on workout times is now available in the Feature News sections.

I am sorry if this is too much math, I used to be an engineer before I retired...
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Wc Lee wrote: 2 months ago The updated article on workout times is now available in the Feature News sections.

I am sorry if this is too much math, I used to be an engineer before I retired...
News we can use!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

Wc Lee wrote: 2 months ago The updated article on workout times is now available in the Feature News sections.

Great article and I love a bit of maths :geek:
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
John D'arc
Sprinter