NHL or NBA playoffs

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

NHL or NBA playoffs

Post by John Smith »

NHL - easy...but That Phoenix/LA series is exciting.

I will go ahead and put the owner of Zibanejad down for NHL

Go Canes!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: NHL or NBA playoffs

Post by Lori Hamill »

NBA -The Philadelphia 76ers with Joel Embiid, The Beard and Maxey
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Knicks and I guess the Rangers

I don't follow hockey at all until playoffs, wish fighting was like it was back when
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Knicks and I guess the Rangers

I don't follow hockey at all until playoffs, wish fighting was like it was back when
Yeah - the only thing as good as that NHL post season, is MLB post season...well was before rule changes - we'll see!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Lori Hamill wrote: 1 year ago NBA -The Philadelphia 76ers with Joel Embiid, The Beard and Maxey
If they win, that would be a shocker, I think...I think Kings are about to put GSW out!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

John Smith wrote: 1 year ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Knicks and I guess the Rangers

Yeah - the only thing as good as that NHL post season, is MLB post season...well was before rule changes - we'll see!
Lol agreed
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Don't know how far they'll go but the 76ers swept the Nets to go to the semifinals in the East.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I quit watching basketball when Larry Bird retired. :P

From what I heard, it seems that now, the game no longer allows trash talking, nor as much physical interaction like they did back when Larry and Magic Johnson saved the NBA from below mediocre interest as far as t.v. viewer ratings. Back then, NBA playoffs were even being taped delayed for old movies and re-runs of t.v. series. It took Bird and Magic's rivalry to change all of that.

I have also read that it's not as much as a team sport as it use to be...such as Larry giving up the ball so often just so he could give other players on his team a chance to score and thus boost team moral. I have read that the 'big' players are more interested in their own stats, and if they get the ball, they try to keep it unless (in many cases) they are absolutely forced to pass it...and all of them are interested in getting those 3 point shots, and sometimes missing, rathe than going in and trying to pick up the 2 points.

As for hockey. Back in the mid 1980's into the mid 1990's when I had a big 6 foot satellite dish and channel encryption wasn't a thing yet... I use to enjoy dialing in Canadian channels to watch hockey games. I liked the fast pace of the skating and tracking the puck, and to the physicality of it all. Didn't really care when fights broke out, but I did enjoy the pushing and shoving as they played the game.

So, I won't be watching either :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Lori Hamill wrote: 1 year ago Don't know how far they'll go but the 76ers swept the Nets to go to the semifinals in the East.
The Nets!? isnt that the team that has the father son combo or is that the knicks? Can someone name me a player on the nets without looking it up?!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago I quit watching basketball when Larry Bird retired. :P

From what I heard, it seems that now, the game no longer allows trash talking, nor as much physical interaction like they did back when Larry and Magic Johnson saved the NBA from below mediocre interest as far as t.v. viewer ratings. Back then, NBA playoffs were even being taped delayed for old movies and re-runs of t.v. series. It took Bird and Magic's rivalry to change all of that.

I have also read that it's not as much as a team sport as it use to be...such as Larry giving up the ball so often just so he could give other players on his team a chance to score and thus boost team moral. I have read that the 'big' players are more interested in their own stats, and if they get the ball, they try to keep it unless (in many cases) they are absolutely forced to pass it...and all of them are interested in getting those 3 point shots, and sometimes missing, rathe than going in and trying to pick up the 2 points.

As for hockey. Back in the mid 1980's into the mid 1990's when I had a big 6 foot satellite dish and channel encryption wasn't a thing yet... I use to enjoy dialing in Canadian channels to watch hockey games. I liked the fast pace of the skating and tracking the puck, and to the physicality of it all. Didn't really care when fights broke out, but I did enjoy the pushing and shoving as they played the game.

Stormy
Id say those satellites receivers were taller than 6 ft!...my uncle had one we thought that was magic! not johnson!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Id say those satellites receivers were taller than 6 ft!...my uncle had one we thought that was magic! not johnson!
The big dishes, I believe came in 12 foot, 10 foot, 8 foot and 6 foot diameters. Mine was 6 foot : ) It did a Perfect job of getting any satellite and channel. A lot of those dishes...you had to get up and turn a dial to get them to move to another satellite.

I had a remote control unit that moved the dish to the various satellites and then use the remote to dial in the station I wanted on that satellite. I could also pick up a ton of radio stations. Use to listen to one out of Dead Horse Alaska that had a couple of hilarious DJs...and great music.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

That thing probably had the power to communicate with or search for aliens if we only knew how to rig it up!

Like our computers, probably way more power than we know what to do with it...
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Lori Hamill wrote: 1 year ago Don't know how far they'll go but the 76ers swept the Nets to go to the semifinals in the East.
The Nets!? isnt that the team that has the father son combo or is that the knicks? Can someone name me a player on the nets without looking it up?!
That's cause you have that West coast bias. I guess the Kings are into the semifinals by now, right?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago I quit watching basketball when Larry Bird retired. :P

Stormy
I don't watch basketball, either. I only watch horse racing and football. BUT I always support the *local* teams. I don't live in Philly but they're still considered local. So I support the 76ers, Phillies, Flyers and of course, the Eagles. If push comes to shove I'll support the Steelers and the Penguins because they're Pennsylvania teams.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I actually pretty much gave up on the NFL when they let that dog torturer Vicks come back and play. :twisted:

---------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000