New Player Horses

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

New Player Horses

Post by Abby Brooks »

Have 20 or so stakes/allowance/claimer type horses for free. Either run them at TP or claimers, idc. Please message me in game if you'd like some. First come first serve.
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Re: New Player Horses

Post by John Smith »

I will jump on this thread as not to add a new one...

I have a few that I will pension/retire if not used - could probably cash some checks at TP this year and next claimer solid and prod types. Fillies not spared - maybe find a mare...

Will retire/pension them after week 13.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horsesbu ... leType=Buy
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Abby Cooper
Two Year Old

Post by Abby Cooper »

Thank you both for the listings!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

I've added a few since last race - couple of Alw with mostly prods - some solids, few more claimers - some still working equipment out, so, who knows?.... will pension these Friday after late races. Mostly young horses 2/3 year olds, so who knows?

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horsesbu ... leType=Buy

I use to know how to set the link up to take to my specific horses directly, but if just type my name in filter box, they should all pop up, if they don't already...

I might be willing to ship all these to Peyto if someone wants them all in one swoop - you will need to PM if that's the case. Also, I have others in claimers I am not willing to part with for $1 but probably lower than the claiming tag if you see any you may want. Let me know and I am sure we can come up with a reduced "tag."

I have a runaway breeding habit and have to make room for about 190 foals next year - mainly because I generally give all of them a race or three or more before parting ways and my organizational skills just aren't up to "huge barning," it. Although opportunities have arisen for me to breed more this year, despite my vows to not run away with breeding again....so I will probably be in the same predicament again next year...
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

I said I would pension these by yesterday - but willing to hold open, there are just 40 left and may have run/improved since you checked last would be cool if all 40 were picked up, but will pension after this weekend - for real and for true this time!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horsesbuy.php
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Johnny Dangerous
Two Year Old

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Hey Guys,

New to the game! New to the world of Horse Racing but am interested in learning more about it. Any tips on how to get started / train, set the horses/jockey up for success would be awesome.

Thanks
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: 10 months ago Hey Guys,

New to the game! New to the world of Horse Racing but am interested in learning more about it. Any tips on how to get started / train, set the horses/jockey up for success would be awesome.

Thanks
Get horses! - probably want throrobreds because there is a whole new player park - "Trial Park," you can race them at.
Pay attention to mom side to see what horse wants to do - surface/distance <--- the game is pretty strict about it
enter horses no more than once every two weeks

That should get you started at least - PM if you have any questions beyond that - because its a lot going on!

Enjoy or at least try to!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Down to 21 - we can make it! these horses can cash checks at TP especially the 2 yold turning 3 for next season (Certainly in those short field ones).

Most are up and running at distance and surface preference..a few may still need equipment raced out (ask jockey after race) If not they will be retired at an early age.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horses.p ... GPSired=-1

I also have other horses (older with higher gallops) I will most likely be retiring this season (in claimers now), but if you have a certain division in mind, maybe I can send some of those - just let me know if interested.

Fillies are also included in list FYI if have mind on breeding, maybe there is a surprise there or two to be had. If nothing else, maybe the name reservations are worth a $1; My fave - Jinx Allen - sired by American Icon out of Lonely Little Girl!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)