THIS IS SUSPICIOUS

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ciano Colly
Sprinter

THIS IS SUSPICIOUS

Post by Ciano Colly »

How did one player manage to get all the bred mares from the Anthony Calder dispersal that have been sent to Aj to date ,I had alerts as I'm sure other players had.
I obviously dont have any prove of wrong doing but I am highly suspicious
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: THIS IS SUSPICIOUS

Post by The Steward »

If you're up and sitting on the computer at exactly 3am ET when the dispersals go to AJ, then it's probably easy to just pick them up one by one since there is no limit.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ciano Colly
Sprinter

Post by Ciano Colly »

why were they not all sent and why was one of them sent directly as the auction ended ,are they not all put on at the same time?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Ciano Colly wrote: 10 months ago why were they not all sent and why was one of them sent directly as the auction ended ,are they not all put on at the same time?
We would need the Admin to tell us the exact wording to the rules, I don't want to say the wrong thing.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Here is what happens when we determine that a player has abandoned their stable:

1.0 - We remove horses from any auctions - return horses to the pre-lease owners
1.1 - if the player has more than 25 horses, then we will attempt to create an auction, otherwise skip to 3.0
1.2 - Put eligible horses into an auction - max horses per auction is 500 so it may create multiple auctions. Eligible horses are not pensioned, not currently in a race that runs within 24 hours, not in other auctions, not leased, not retired, and breedable. If there are no eligible horses, no auction is created. Skip to 3.0
1.3 - The auctions(s) will open at a random hour the next day, and close 3 days after that
1.4 - The auction opens and accepts bids. The closes.

2.0 - Process the auction as normal selling horses to the top bidders

3.0 - Any remaining non-retied, unbred, non-pensioned horses priced at $5,000 and on New Player Sale Page
3.1 - Any remaining horses are given to AJ, but not for sale yet.
4.0 - Every day at 3am game time (PT), AJ horses that are pensioned are put up for sale for $1.
4.1 - Every day at 3am game time (PT), the rest of AJ's horses, non-pensioned, are put up for sale for $5000.
4.2 - There is a case where the AJ sale would be delayed by one day.
Ciano Colly
Sprinter

Post by Ciano Colly »

That is more or less how I thought it went. This didn't happen in this instance as far as I can tell."she's a wild one" was bought for $5000 within 5 min of auction ending which shouldn't have happened if above was followed .As of now there are several of those bred mares that are still not for sale - again not as sop above
Is there something I am missing ?
Roger Carlo
Miler

Post by Roger Carlo »

I happened to be on last night around 12pm PST. Noticed that Fantasize was sold for $5k. I had the mare on alert.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1441319

Congrats to Shannon on a great find.
Last edited by Roger Carlo 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

Since there seems to be demand for these mares (even though they have already been bred). Why not have a special auction, so everyone has a fair shot
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Wouldn’t new players get first shot at these mares ?
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

I thought abandoned horses went to new players page 1st...

I'd love to have some, but probably wouldn't/couldn't compete.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Also was there a farm involved like Talavera one? maybe a hold/auction for these as well? Not that I am in the market (but at the right price aren't we all?) but there seemed to be some questions in the Talavera one too
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

John Smith wrote: 10 months ago Also was there a farm involved like Talavera one? maybe a hold/auction for these as well? Not that I am in the market (but at the right price aren't we all?) but there seemed to be some questions in the Talavera one too
The farm went up at the same time as the auctions. Great location so I brought it and sold my other one.

If you want to buy a farm you need to keep a close eye on the farms & tracks page
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Let me tell you a story about how the closest farm to Cimmaron Park used to be a $200 board farm in Texas, that I kept accidentally shipping all my horses to because I don't pay enough attention, so I built one right by the track, but at the time I built there was some glitch so you couldn't just click on the map to build but had to enter GPS coordinates, so I used google maps to guess the right location, but forgot the negative sign on something so wound up building a farm in China. Thankfully got that fixed, but it wound up 8 miles from the track which was fine for years and years I had the closest farm to cimmaron and got many a boarder. And then some hotshot had to go and build a farm right on top of the track and tell everyone to ship their horses there as it was so close and wonderful to Cimmaron Park and steal all my business. Not that I'm still bitter, or hold many year long sim grudges. They are gone so I figured I could finally vent.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Ciano Colly wrote: 10 months ago That is more or less how I thought it went. This didn't happen in this instance as far as I can tell."she's a wild one" was bought for $5000 within 5 min of auction ending which shouldn't have happened if above was followed .As of now there are several of those bred mares that are still not for sale - again not as sop above
Ciano Colly wrote: 10 months ago That is more or less how I thought it went. This didn't happen in this instance as far as I can tell."she's a wild one" was bought for $5000 within 5 min of auction ending which shouldn't have happened if above was followed .As of now there are several of those bred mares that are still not for sale - again not as sop above
She's A Wild One was not bought within 5 minutes of an auction closing. I don't know how you determined that. I think it was 81 minutes after the first auction closed (there were two auctions).
She's A Wild One was already bred this year. Therefore, it was not eligible to be in an auction. So, during the first auction, it was not available to anyone. So it waited until the first auction closed (step 3.0). I mistyped step 3.0. bred horses will also be sold for $5000 on the new player page. This is how the horse was purchased - from the New Player page by a New Player.

The steps I wrote are a little different if there are two auctions.

I hope that makes it clear. I don't think there was anything suspicious.
Ciano Colly
Sprinter

Post by Ciano Colly »

yes thank you that does make sense
its the fact that she was sold pretty quickly after the auction and the others were not for sale (to all but new players) that got me going also the veteran players are always saying that new players used to get 1st crack at dispersals but that was no longer the case.Obviously I didn't know that didn't hold true for bred mares
apologies if I have offended anyone with my suspicions