yr 65

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

yr 65

Post by Maisy Moo Stable »

Have looked on the calendar to find the date yr 65 starts, cannot see it.is it up somewhere?
Jimmy Jewell
Sprinter

Re: yr 65

Post by Jimmy Jewell »

Maisy,

On my calender , it is showing on Friday 21st July...
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

I think i meant the day the races start :)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Just a guess here, but usually, after foals are due, we can start entering horses for about a week, then racing starts on a following Monday.

So, I'm going to guess that races will start July 31st.
Sometimes we get breaks longer than usual, but I don't think this is one of them.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

It is a long break. Look at the forum topic W16 coming at ya hot in tb racing.

But it is almost 2 weeks until Yr65 begins and then 10 days to races start so I think 31st July is correct
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Does that mean that horses that race wk 16 day1 will be able to race wk1 day 1 yr 65?
Clarehaven Stables
Sprinter

Post by Clarehaven Stables »

Maisy Moo Stable wrote: 10 months ago Does that mean that horses that race wk 16 day1 will be able to race wk1 day 1 yr 65?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16927
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Maisy Moo Stable wrote: 10 months ago Does that mean that horses that race wk 16 day1 will be able to race wk1 day 1 yr 65?
No they dont rest during break. They can have a slightly shorter break but it is not something I recommend messing around with.

I find it easier to rename W1 in my head as W17, W2 is W18 etc
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

There's a point where it's 'preseason' and we can start entering races...and the daily fees start up again...during that time, the horses will get a some rest....it's like 1/2 the rest they would get normally.

This never use to be the case, and very very few ever raced their horses Wk16, then Wk1.
However, it can be done with that preseason 1/2 rest....and I have run horses Wk 16 Day1 then Wk1 D1, due to the horse being Sound, or Very Sound, and if hasn't had a huge amount of travel time, nor will have a long trip to the track for the Wk1 race, or a super heavy schedule leading up to those dates.

If in doubt, vet your horse.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Diane Townsend wrote: 10 months ago It is a long break. Look at the forum topic W16 coming at ya hot in tb racing.

But it is almost 2 weeks until Yr65 begins and then 10 days to races start so I think 31st July is correct
I haven't had a chance to look at that topic yet...thanks for the info.
For me, all breaks seem long. :P

----
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Thank you for your replies ,i will be out of trial park by yr 65 so it might be just Alaska for a while :D
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The actual race dates will generate when I create the races, which honestly I should do by now.... harumph okay I'll go do it.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

I see the start day of races yr 65 is 1st August W1 D1.

I can still see 14 days rest from W16 D1 .

Am i still reading it wrong?
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

The calendar shows the last day of racing July 8 for this season. The first day of racing for next season is July 31. Actual "Rest" starts when races become available on July 22nd when we accumulate a "Small" amount each day AND start paying stable fees. This is normal except for the extra week before Breeding ends.
As far as how you should think about racing. If a horse raced in Week 16 I don't think about racing again until the same day in Week 2. If one raced week 15 it could race week 1 and I enter most of mine that way even those that are very unsound as we get the equivalent of a half a week (or more) or rest. Exceptions would be made for those that have had alot of races back to back to finish the previous season and or High End horses that I want to start the next season 100% or more rested.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Maisy Moo Stable wrote: 10 months ago I see the start day of races yr 65 is 1st August W1 D1.

I can still see 14 days rest from W16 D1 .

Am i still reading it wrong?
The break is a break for the players not the horses who don't rest over break! so count W1 as W17 and W2 as W18
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)