Today I Am Sad

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Today I Am Sad

Post by Cleo Patra »

I've had a bit of a rough time of things in RL the last 2 years. Back in August I had surgery to rebuild the top part of my mouth and replace my front teeth. Its probably the most painful thing I've had done in this whole saga of injuries I just had. While I was sulking in bed after the surgery, I purchased Meet. He was obviously going to be a challenge because he was past his peak by the time I got him fit but I thought it was worth it since he was a breeding shed freak at the time I purchased. So through all my recovery I've been doggedly trying to get him to 350k to stand at stud.

Now we come to today. I've been sponsoring races for him because I'm way out of time to get the 350k dollars up he needs and he will probably drop in ability even more next year, so that is out. I've tried to name the races stuff that requests people don't enter, but everyone is busy and speed entering and probably don't even see it. Some people have other people entering for them, even, and I've speed run through entering for other people enough to know you don't read the race names.

But the end result for me is, my horse isn't going to win or even run second in the race I sponsored as a last ditch attempt to get him to stud. I'm not going to sponsor another one because the same thing will happen again and I don't want to be angry with people when they aren't deliberately messing with me and definitely aren't breaking any rules. So I will have to geld and pension my "recovery horse". He probably wasn't even going to be a good sire.

Its a stupid thing to be angry and sad about, but I am. I just needed to get it off my chest so I don't rage quit or protest pension all my stallions or something equally stupid. Also I need a hug. Don't tie RL emotional stuff into fake horses, people. BAD plan.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Today I Am Sad

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I am sorry you are sad. What if you sponsored one at Jr High and found a jr to lease him for w16?
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Things will get better <3
Meet is sooo close to the earnings requirement, and so beautifully bred, it would be a shame to see him gelded. If I can help at all, let me know.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way Cleo, I hope you feel better soon!!

I have a feeling he will be top 3 in tonight’s race and eclipse that $350k mark!
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, Cleo. I definitely don't always look at the names of races that I enter but I definitely would have scratched a horse of mine if I saw them in a race like that. It's extra frustrating when it's a special one that you really have your heart on a breeding career for. (I would breed to him, for whatever that's worth.)
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

But he's got 432K?

IF makes you feel better (misery loves company, right?) I had a rabbit called in on me to soften things up for a big time vet...horse hadn't run in 6 weeks, shows up because I had the only pace in race.. guess I can look at it as making the "big time," at last!

Anyway, sorry about the surgery - being "sick," sucks - really drags on the psyche - hope you can get up/out soon!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Vicki Johnson
Miler

Post by Vicki Johnson »

You have been through a lot and it drains you! Agree, let a Junior or someone run him to get it finished! Don't give up! Hopefully you are on the down hill of healing! U have been kind to me in past and i can ever return the favor let me know!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I'm sorry you are sad, but don't give up on him. He is so close. Agree with others; perhaps let a junior run him to get to that $350k goal.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Cleo Patra wrote: 10 months ago Its a stupid thing to be angry and sad about, but I am. I just needed to get it off my chest so I don't rage quit or protest pension all my stallions or something equally stupid. Also I need a hug. Don't tie RL emotional stuff into fake horses, people. BAD plan.
I hope his second pushing him over 350k improves your mood.

Have a hug anyway, a celebration hug!

How are your teeth now?
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Gwen Morse wrote: 10 months ago I hope his second pushing him over 350k improves your mood.

Have a hug anyway, a celebration hug!

How are your teeth now?
It did improve my mood! I thought he’d run 3rd or 4th given the PPs

My teeth are all sorted and they look pretty good too. Just one more surgery next month to fix the scars on my lower lip. That will be a massive relief because I’ve been biting the scar accidentally for 18 months now and not been able to kiss my partner because of the nerves twisting and bundling. I’ll probably still have some sensation problems for a while but they shouldn’t be as sharp hopefully!

Since he got 2nd and got over the threshold, I went ahead and retired him. He’s kind of ordinary hypos wise so I’ve put him up cheap (3.5k) for anyone who wants to hit the pedigree.

Thanks for all the replies and hugs. And the PMs. Much appreciated.
AT STUD
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

John Smith wrote: 10 months ago But he's got 432K?
He did not when she made this post.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

I was looking at your race for one of my own horses, but then I read the race name and dropped my idea of entering. If someone enters such a name on a race, it means they need that race for whatever reason (and especially when the owner put such a big amount of money -their own money, into it), so I did not enter, because for me it's about respect, and I guessed it was to help Meet reaching the 350k benchmark.

I am happy he could still get over the benchmark, so now he can go on being a stud. Best of luck with him, Cleo :)
And have a speedy recovery < 3
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

I feel bad for you but please don't lose hope.

Also here, at least he passed the mark.
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

My dirt routers were not good enough to enter.

But I would say that those are the rules of the game. It is a challange and might cost some gamepoints to get a horse over that 350k mark.
Most trainers that sponsor a race want their own horse to win. Sometimes they don't.

I rewrote this post many times. I don't want to be flamed and I read your first post again. I just think that even if I read the race name "no entry stakes" I would enter a horse anyway, cause that is how it works. All races I have sponsored to try to get a stallion are filled with other horses. The name of the race doesn't really matter. In my mind, I name my races "please dont enter stakes" too, but people manage to find a 6yo oklohomabred somewhere that beats my horse anyway.
Sometimes when I breed I put my own stallion in Delaware just to be able to arrange uneterable sponsored races if that would be necessary in the future.

And finally a hug and glad your stallion made it through.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 10 months ago My dirt routers were not good enough to enter.

But I would say that those are the rules of the game. It is a challange and might cost some gamepoints to get a horse over that 350k mark.
Most trainers that sponsor a race want their own horse to win. Sometimes they don't.

I rewrote this post many times. I don't want to be flamed and I read your first post again. I just think that even if I read the race name "no entry stakes" I would enter a horse anyway, cause that is how it works. All races I have sponsored to try to get a stallion are filled with other horses. The name of the race doesn't really matter. In my mind, I name my races "please dont enter stakes" too, but people manage to find a 6yo oklohomabred somewhere that beats my horse anyway.
Sometimes when I breed I put my own stallion in Delaware just to be able to arrange uneterable sponsored races if that would be necessary in the future.

And finally a hug and glad your stallion made it through.
Absolutely correct. I can politely request people not enter by naming my race that, but they aren’t breaking a rule by entering. It’s nobody else’s fault that I let RL get tied up in a fake horse. I just decided to post because getting some virtual hugs works better than letting something silly fester. Especially since the majority of the time I get a lot of joy from the game, and try to spread joy to others players. Doing giveaways and seeing the lease program foals kicking goals has given me a lot more dopamine hits than this frustrating colt, that is for sure!
AT STUD