Who Are You?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Coming here and seeing mostly real names, I'm curious who some of you are elsewhere at other forums or even in real life. I do know some of you, but nowhere near all of you guys.

To start, I'm obviously Nikki, and I go around every other forum as my favorite racehorse of all time, CATINCA. I'm 21 years old, a college student, and have worked with racehorses, broodmares, and foals since I was 16, including stints at Colonial Downs, The Thoroughbred Center (Lexington, KY), ClassicStar, Philadelphia Park, Penn National, etc.

Anyone else care to share?
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Well, my real name is *, and I am a high school student in Missouri who loves Thoroughbred racehorses. Sadly, my parents don't let me work with horses or take riding lessons, so I swim and play tennis. I also play piano (missed the first auction because of a piano audition, grrr lol). I like to draw also, but seem to find all my time sucked into this game, the SIM.
Last edited by Peihe Sun 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I'm Sarah Chase, a 16 year old who's been playing the SIM since I was 11 or 12 (whenever Year 6 or 7 was). I homeschool myself for various reasons, and thus enjoy a sloth-like lifestyle of going to bed at 2 am and rolling out of bed around noon. I play with my 3 year old Siberian Husky, Jag, and watch movies during the day in addition to doing my schoolwork. Being able to set my own time schedule is important to me, and I plan on graduating high school a year ahead of schedule (meaning I'd go to college at 17).

I don't like to be stuck inside traditional boundaries, I'm very liberal and open minded. I avoid absolutes. I've thought a lot about working at a Thoroughbred horse farm after high school instead of going to college. I've talked to human resource managers and directors at farms like Claiborne, Juddmonte, and Three Chimneys. This is in contrast to a year or two ago when I was headed on the rigorous college prep path, taking Alg 2/Trig Honors in tenth grade before I withdrew from my old private school. I've become a lot less linear and rigid and focused more on other things than school grades.

I am quiet and introverted, and sometimes shy. I rode horses for 6 years when I was younger, but after a riding accident that sidelined me for 5-6 months it wasn't the same afterwards. I still LOVE horses. I used to do ballet and figure skating. Raised by two librarians, reading is very enjoyable to me. I am also passionate about music, and on a normal day you can hear music blaring from my room, bass rumbling from the subwoofers. I take art lessons (which I am fond of skipping in favor of hanging around doing digital art at home). Um ...I guess that's it! I'm a pretty boring person, really.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

And ME!

I'm Mallory.

I'll be 20 in December, which is very scary for me, because I don't feel at all my age, but then again, what is 20? I'm going to be a sophomore in college in the fall at UC Riverside, but this summer, the word college is banned from my vocabulary because I am so sick of it (already!). I'm an English major; I was originally intending to double major in Political Science, but I think I like history better, despite its impracticality, if I even spelled that right.

I am very impractical, now that I think about it.

Like Sarah, I'm very open-minded and liberal. I've been playing the SIM since about 9th grade, maybe the end of 8th, I'm not really sure. I'm not the greatest trainer or breeder, but I've gotten very lucky with some unlikely horses. I've enjoyed several G1 winners, including Voyeur, Anthem, Embrace, Shetalkstoangels, etc.

I also love music, especially classic rock and such, which explains my herd of Beatlehorses and other rock-themed homebreds.

Uhhh...let's see. As for future plans, they're muddled. My parents are crrrrazy about my education, always have been, and they're insanity sort of makes me pull away from it. Sometimes I get the feeling I'm just biding my time before I take off on some crazy life adventure, which will REALLY * them off. Or maybe I'll just elope with my boyfriend, which I'm sure would be equally upsetting to them.

Either way, I don't want the ordinary life. Not for me.
Laura Pony
Sprinter

Post by Laura Pony »

My real last name isn't Pony, but my first name is Laura. :) I'm 16 and going into my junior year of high school. I've been obsessed with everything relating to horses since I was 8. I've been in the SIM since I was 12 (I think). I don't do anything relating to racing in my horse life though. I'm an equitation and hunter rider and I compete on the "A" circuit in California. I have a small pony who I used to show in the pony hunters and equitation and now lease a Thoroughbred. I would love to qualify for the Maclay finals eventually, and I still have three years on my junior card, so I hope that will be possible. Long term goals would be to eventually be a professional in the hunter/jumper world or become a vet.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

Peihe Sun wrote: Well, my real name is Abby Sun, and I am a high school student in Missouri who loves Thoroughbred racehorses. Sadly, my parents don't let me work with horses or take riding lessons, so I swim and play tennis. I also play piano (missed the first auction because of a piano audition, grrr lol). I like to draw also, but seem to find all my time sucked into this game, the SIM.
where in missouri? i'm near springfield...
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

LaDonna King wrote: where in missouri? i'm near springfield...
i'm in Columbia, MO. a couple hours away...
Warpath,
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

I'm Michelle. I am a recent graduate from high school and in August will be packing my bags to attend the University of Nevada Las Vegas, where I will major in Hotel Administration. I live in South San Francisco California. I've had a little experience riding, and am not involved in teh horse racing industry, but the people at Bay Meadows might disagree. My favorite horse currently racing is Adreamisborn, a local stakes winning gelding here in California. I've been in SIM games since I was 13 and I post on the Thoroughbred Champions forum as SecretariatX.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Rowdy Yates
Two Year Old

Post by Rowdy Yates »

Well since I havn't yet I reckon I will throw my 2 cents in....lol

My name is Rowdy and this is my first year playing the game (sounds like an addiction meeting)I am 37. Seems like I am older than most in here....

My girlfriend Mandy and my oldest son Cody are playing the game as well. (Yes I passed on my addiction)

We own 33 acres in the great state of Tennessee. Palmyra Tn to be exact bout 45 min north of Nashville. We buy,sell and trade, and train horses & mules. Just riding horses not TB. Currently we have 10 head of our own and training 2. We have 1 goat and a few chickens.

Other than the horses we are involved in building Demolition Derby cars at the moment. The kids..we have 4 all together, are all into riding and sports. Baseball, football and one girl so softball too.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

I'm Sara Kendall (not my real name and only a couple know my real name lol) and I am from hickville USA.....northern Indiana lol. I am 29 going on 30...ekkkkk!!!!! Not married, not dating...seems like guys around here want not a thing to do with me :(

I don't own any horses myself...but I have a friend that has one arab, a breeding stock paint, and two thoroughbreds...they were raced and one has been off the track for a year and the other just a few months. And a cute, cute, CUTE little chestnut pony and a awesome looking quarter horse gelding. This game's about as close as I will ever get to the business and I am thoroughly enjoying myself!

About me? I am a blue belt in karate. I work at a preschool and absolutely LOVE working with the little kiddies. I am currently in college for my associates degree in Early Childhood Education. If I can just get over my fear of algebra......lol

I have two dogs....one siberian husky named Molly, she's 3 years old. And Wilma, a 6 year old spaniel/dalmatian mix. We adopted her from a shelter.

That's about it for me....I am a pretty dull and boring person lol.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

So lots of people put in more than I thought they would, so I thought I'd add to what I already wrote. :D

I'm now officially a student at Drexel University (got accepted yesterday) in the photography program, which is apparently pretty prestigious.

The best mares I've worked with are Xtra Heat, Wavering Girl, Irish Linnet, Win Crafty Lady, Southwestern Heat, and about 20 other mares/foals at ClassicStar, plus probably the best runners would have to be Dirty Doug, Back Peddle, Everlasting Suave, Sharelyn's Gold and probably Ruskin as well. I've mainly been in the claiming game! My boyfriend is a groom at Philadelphia Park, and he's worked with some NICE horses in the past as well.

Let's see...I obviously love photography, and I also enjoy drawing, painting (which I'm not the greatest at since I prefer prismacolor pencils), and writing. I'm probably going to minor in journalism, so I can go into photojournalism as well as regular journalism.

No current pets, but I've owned a pit bull named Chopper and a Beagle mix named Eli. My mom (who I'm living with until tomorrow) has 4 dogs, 4 fish and 2 turtles, and my boyfriend (who I'm moving in with tomorrow) has a gorgeous orange Persian cat named Kramer who looks like Garfield!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

I guess I'll follow Nikki's precendent and add on too. btw Nikki, I think it's totally awesome -in my teenage way- that you've worked with Xtra Heat. I loved that mare and am busy following her kids. =]

I'm 14 years old and going to be a sophomore in high school in the fall. I just joined the SIM maybe a month ago, but am absolutely in love with this game. I haven't really thought about college and beyond, but since my parents are really stict about my grades I'm taking all honors and math/science fast track etc. But I really love art, am enrolled in AP Studio Art next year, and am going to take Photography and Graphic Design in my junior year, once I finish all my math credits to graduate from high school. My parents are both statisticians and they are almost spastic about me doing something other than math/science, but I really don't like math and science. I've had good teachers that have made me interested in the subjects, but I've never been really interested in them. I also swam varsity swimming (that school was so weird, we didn't have jv swimming) last year, when my parents had a one-year research leave in Virginia.

I'm from a pretty liberal family, with my parents being professors, I guess. But they really like to dictate what I do everyday etc. It's almost like they're trying to plan my life for me ("you have to take these courses in high school, and get a job at this store, and volunteer at this hospital for college, and make sure to participate in a lot of math/science competitions!")... my parents also want me to quit piano. But I say no. I like piano.

I have a little brother who is 11. We don't have any pets (Dad is allergic), but I plan on getting a cat once I'm off in college.
Warpath,
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

My real name is Jolene Danner. LOL now you all can stalk me. ;) I generally post as Azeri other places. She's my favorite horse of all time. :D I work full time at Canterbury Park in Minnesota. I'm in the information center. I get backside every so often to braid horses fro Bruce Reicken. My current faves are Stitznwolf and Rock N'Fire. Stitz just broke her maiden on the 18th and Rock is head for the Victor S. Meyer stakes.

I also run a boarding stable. We've got 19 horses there and 1 steer calf. I personally own 7 horses. 5 mares and 2 geldings, Tiffany(7yo Morgan), Onnya(20yo Paso Fino), Molly, Polly, Dolly(1yo pinto ponies), Timber(21yo quarter horseX), and Mixer(1yo Friesian Sport Horse(Morgan/friesian)). I also own 6.25% in a 10 week old Thoroughbred filly which we are planning to race. Her barn name is Pyro and her breeding is Shot Of Gold/Miss Fatima(Ledge of Night). We haven't named her officially yet but i'll elt you all know when we do. ;)

I'm 26 years old and I graduated from the U of MN in 2002 with a degree in Animal Production Systems with an Emphasis in Equine and Bovine Management. I'm glad that i'm done becasue tuition has gone up like 40% since I graduated. :blink: It's totally insane. Anyway that's a lot of info that you probably didn't care to know. LOL
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Well i'll follow suit, some will know some won't but i'm Martin Pennington (it figures LOL) and i'm 21 and from St. Helens, England (just to the right of Liverpool on the map) and am about to graduate from Sheffield Hallam University with a degree in (Human) Geography. Currently looking for a new job as I really don't like working in a bookies so won't to go into insurance or something similar, other than that I like racing, equiney sports (bar dressage), rugby league, cricket, baseball, american football, hurling (played for my uni the past two years) and photography of course, as well as cheesey continental European pop music, old retro dancey songs (the stuff Flares plays - Oops Upside Your Head, Rasputin, The One and Only, etc) and dancy music too :)

I have shares in a racehorse with Amanda who also plays this game and a few others and she's hopefully going to make her second start at the end of July so getting excited about that, oh and her stablemate runs on Sunday in her 103rd start I think it is so good luck Desert Island Disc.

Martin
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

My name is Katie Morrison, and I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. Racing is something my dad and I used to watch as common ground.. something we both loved. Devil His Due and Cigar were my first favorites, though now I seem to have an unhealthy love for Storm Cat kids (and Devil His Due's! Go Roses!).
I oft pretend that I can draw and have a deviantart site.. <a href='http://pookaart.deviantart.com/' target='_blank'>http://pookaart.deviantart.com/</a>
Pooka is a name that my friends gave me in college. Isabella Penzance is a derivation of my SCA name "Isabella of Penzance called Pooka the Mighty".
I grew up first riding hunter/jumpers them moving to american saddlebreds. The Edge of Night is named after the only horse I ever owned. Other horses I have with Saddlebred names have been Jamestown, Courageous Admiral, Amayzing Talent and Phi Slamma Jamma.
I'm an equal-opportunity animal lover and currently have one wanna-be golden retriever and multiple cats. Currently, I breed and show Japanese Bobtails since I can't afford to do so with horses quite yet..
Oh, and I'm 29 and single (with cats?? what a catch!)