Trouble buying game points

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Trouble buying game points

Post by The Steward »

Hope Bentley wrote: 10 months ago I have yet to be able to do it via any way.. 😩
PayPal is making it a real hard to figure out.. I can pay for other online things via pay pal though
Open PayPal, hit either Send or Pay and Get Paid, and type in the above address. Don't go through the SIM at all right now!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Oh no, I just went through the SIM and it worked perfectly. Did I f*** something up?
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

On one hand, I’m glad I’m not the only one having trouble. On the other, it’s frustrating as all get out.

Got it, thanks Emily!
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

I did that using steward@simhorseracing.com
PayPal said I had to verify myself but then made it impossible to get done .. but then minutes later I can use pay pal to make a different purchase elsewhere I have contacted them no word yet

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Please include the browser and device you used when reporting success or trouble. It is very confusing since we didn’t change anything and it still works for some people. Thsbk and thanks for your patience.
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Paul Sellers wrote: 10 months ago Oh no, I just went through the SIM and it worked perfectly.
Successful transaction using:

Chrome Version 114.0.5735.133 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Also, when using PayPal, I do not use an account or sign in, I simply choose pay with credit/debit card and bypass the sign-in.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
Cheri Stewart
Two Year Old

Post by Cheri Stewart »

Me hoping that it doesnt charge me for the 50 times i tried 😂😂😂
Nicole Marie wrote: 10 months ago
The Steward wrote: 10 months ago Hey all, I was just able to do a PayPal purchase to myself (weird) with no trouble; any chance it's working now?
I have also been trying over the past 2 days and having the same issue. I opened a support ticket with PayPal and was told that the merchant wasn't accepting the payment and so it was getting 'stuck'.

This is from Paypal:
As checked the transaction details I could see that the order is pending with merchant. Merchant needs to accept the payment and process your order. If merchant will not accept the order in 72 hours of time, PayPal will automatically void the pending authorization within 72 hours of placing the pre-authorization hold. Funds will not be taken from your card if the PayPal transaction was not completed.
In this case as the order was not completed the authorization will be automatically cancelled on 25th June and the funds which is on hold with your card issuer will be reverted to your account. Be assure, that I have also forwarded the request to reverse the funds back to your card.

It may take 3-5 business days for the funds to reflect on your card statement.
Sue Wentz
Sprinter

Post by Sue Wentz »

I did a test run again today for five bucks. When I hit the complete purchase button in the PayPal checkout page, nothing happens.

I'm on my ancient desktop computer (Windows 10 Home) using Google Chrome 114.0.5735.135.

I had no issues paying the Steward directly yesterday.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Just sent you some GP money. First time I've ever had any issues with PP.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

I just tried the normal way and it worked! I hope it's working for everyone now.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

I also just checked and it's working for me now too!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Thanks, everybody for your patience. It seems clear that PayPal had a problem (which they didn't admit) and that they fixed it. I certainly didn't change anything on our end. I have the worst internet I've ever had in my life - worse than dial-up. So I couldn't troubleshoot this at all. I suggest that everyone wanting to purchase game points return to doing it the normal, in-sim way. Let us know if the problem returns.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The Admin wrote: 10 months ago Thanks, everybody for your patience. It seems clear that PayPal had a problem (which they didn't admit) and that they fixed it. I certainly didn't change anything on our end. I have the worst internet I've ever had in my life - worse than dial-up. So I couldn't troubleshoot this at all. I suggest that everyone wanting to purchase game points return to doing it the normal, in-sim way. Let us know if the problem returns.
TL;DR
The Admin: I'm on an amazing vacation and trying to be on the SIM at the same time and the internet doesn't work in the ocean for some reason, but it works now.

:-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

yep working for me now also
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
James Brennan
Two Year Old

Post by James Brennan »

Not working for me still. Sent via the fix. Not sure how it will be tied to my sim account as it's a different email.