Need Some Advice

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Need Some Advice

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this isn't the right place to put this- but I was hoping for some advice. I am considering sending this guy: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1630503 to the Steward's Cup Dash and I was wondering- do you think I should go for it? I've never ran a homebred in a Steward's Cup race before but I like how he won his Grade 2 last out.

I'm also wondering- do you think he will bounce? With three weeks of rest between his last race and the Steward's Cup, should I go for a barrier trial, do some type of exercise (like schooling), or just rest him? I have so many questions, sorry. :lol:

Thank you for your help. I'd appreciate any and all advice since this is my first Steward's Cup with a homebred. I'm so anxious.:lol:
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Need Some Advice

Post by Lily Wilkins »

If he was mine, I would send him for sure. A career best speed figure in a graded stakes prep, with three weeks to recover is about as ideal as you can get. He most likely won't bounce (you've campaigned him beautifully, by the way) and should be in perfect shape for race day as he stands. Maybe give him a little shed row walk this coming Wednesday (I like to walk my horses a week before their starts) if you're concerned about keeping him sharp, but the three weeks rest shouldn't be an issue. Best of luck!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’ll second Lily. Stewards Cup is always worth a shot with a stakes winner in form!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

For me, I'll rest him and run SC. He's too good to miss the SC.
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 10 months ago If he was mine, I would send him for sure. A career best speed figure in a graded stakes prep, with three weeks to recover is about as ideal as you can get. He most likely won't bounce (you've campaigned him beautifully, by the way) and should be in perfect shape for race day as he stands. Maybe give him a little shed row walk this coming Wednesday (I like to walk my horses a week before their starts) if you're concerned about keeping him sharp, but the three weeks rest shouldn't be an issue. Best of luck!
Thank you so much Lily! I'll schedule a walk for Wednesday and hope for the best!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Cleo Patra wrote: 10 months ago I’ll second Lily. Stewards Cup is always worth a shot with a stakes winner in form!
I think I'm going to go for it- thank you Cleo!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Tan Gent wrote: 10 months ago For me, I'll rest him and run SC. He's too good to miss the SC.
Thank you Tan! Sounds like I'm going to try it. Fingers crossed.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Best of luck, Hazel! I'll be rooting for you!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Darcy McBride wrote: 10 months ago Best of luck, Hazel! I'll be rooting for you!
Thank you so much Darcy!! I can't believe this is happening :lol:
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

"Appsolute Hiccups" said NO. LOL

Just kidding see you at the starting gate.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 10 months ago "Appsolute Hiccups" said NO. LOL

Just kidding see you at the starting gate.
:lol: :lol:

It's been fun running against him a few times! He's a great colt!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

Perfect…. And he’s so handsome!

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Well better late than never but... I'll add my 2 cents and say you for sure should run him in the SC. He is to nice to miss out! His Sire said he would love another SC winner ;)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Louise Bayou wrote: 9 months ago Well better late than never but... I'll add my 2 cents and say you for sure should run him in the SC. He is to nice to miss out! His Sire said he would love another SC winner ;)
Haha thank you for commenting nonetheless! Definitely going to run him- any tips for the nerves? :lol: I'm hoping he'll turn out to be half as good as his sire. ;)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Hope Bentley wrote: 10 months ago Perfect…. And he’s so handsome!
Thank you Hope! :)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS