Ask The Trainer

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Ask The Trainer

Post by Maisy Moo Stable »

In the Ask The Trainer box .
Versatility 500GP...what does it tell you?
Stina Vica
Derby Contender

Re: Ask The Trainer

Post by Stina Vica »

So as far as I know if your horse for example can do more than dirt router so that + dirt mile for example.
Or if something else is possible. But I think it only tells you if your horse is a versaile and not exactly what.

Correct me if i am wrong :D
⁀➷
IG: VicaLaVie
look at how you've grown
even without the sun
𓆩*𓆪
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Stina is correct, if you pay for this the trainer will tell you if your horse is versatile (that is, if it has ability in more than one division) or not, but not how many divisions it is capable in or which ones they are.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I like this feature. When I breed to the real life or game point studs, many are capable of throwing a chaser at you. It gives you a bit more to look forward to in a horse’ possible future.
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Thank you for your replies.

I asked because i bred a dirt sprinter and a turf sprinter together by accident and wondered if :idea:
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Maisy, we call them surface confused. Chances are, it will be neither, but some have had limited success going all weather. It takes time, but with persistence, you’ll get the hang of it!
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Maisy Moo Stable wrote: 9 months ago Thank you for your replies.

I asked because i bred a dirt sprinter and a turf sprinter together by accident and wondered if :idea:
If you contact the Steward and ask her to correct the foal for you, she should be willing to do so. The odds are 99.999999999999% that the foal won't do well on either surface, it'll just be confused.

Race horses get points that we can't see from both sides of their pedigree, going back 3 generations. So they get points from their parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents. Also, horses tend to be super-specialized (so a Dirt Sprinter will *likely* only have Dirt Sprinter points, and a Turf Sprinter will likely only have Turf Sprinter points).

This means that your confused baby will have half the points as their peers when in Dirt Sprint races and half when in Turf Sprint races. They'll suck 100% of the time.

This isn't always the case - there are special "Game Point" stallions we can all use that are good at multiple distances and surfaces. If you use them for a few generations you can create horses that are "versatile". Other players who have already done this have their own versatile breeding horses that they use. If you're interested in versatile breeding put up a post with questions or ask around for someone to help you get started. If you have a mentor they could probably help you find someone who has versatile mares they're willing to lease.

Last point is that TB versatile breeding tends to either be multiple distances on the same surface (ie: dirt sprints and dirt miler) or not include the dirt. Which is a little confusing to write, but if it's not the same surface then it tends to be some mix of Turf, All Weather, and/or 'Chasing. There are some lines with dirt and turf but they're rare. If your baby had been between a turf sprinter and an AW sprinter, you would have still had a decent chance at your mistake turning into an okay racer. Because turf pedigrees tend to have *some* AW points, and AW pedigrees tend to have *some* turf.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

I did contact the steward a few weeks ago but had no reply.

I now fancy taking a bit of a punt on the foal :o

The foal is.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1736854
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Maisy Moo Stable wrote: 9 months ago I did contact the steward a few weeks ago but had no reply.

I now fancy taking a bit of a punt on the foal :o

The foal is.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1736854
My offer to refund the fee still stands Maisy :)
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Thank you Carole,at the very least it will be there to remind me to check and then double check :)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I emailed you back on May 31 at 10:59am and said "You have to tell me the stallion you were trying to send to, since I can’t delete foals."

No reply to me :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

The Steward wrote: 9 months ago I emailed you back on May 31 at 10:59am and said "You have to tell me the stallion you were trying to send to, since I can’t delete foals."

No reply to me :-)
Sorry my error then, i must have deleted with a mass delete of EDF energy buff.