Very Odd Surprise

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Very Odd Surprise

Post by Stormy Peak »

So, yesterday late afternoon I took a quick trip into town, to go to the Dollar Store to get dog food....had a friend call me and tell me that they had some rare to find Gravy Train in stock. I think it's been like 3 or 4 months since I've seen a bag of that brand, and AU likes it.

I take AU with me, and pull into the Handicap parking spot, which puts my front bumper up to the sidewalk, and there is a ramp up to the sidewalk on my left side. I left the car running, the A/C going, and unrolled the drivers side window and the passenger front window too, as AU likes to crawl from the back seat to the front seat whenever I step out of the car to go into a business here. He can smell and hear things better as he people watches. : )

I was inside for about 5 to 10 minutes. Came outside with the bag of dog food in a cart, opened the drivers side door and let AU out, and we walked around to the passenger side back door and I got the bag out of the cart and it in the car. Then back around to the drivers side again, and I pushed the cart up the ramp onto the sidewalk, got my cane and my wallet out of the cart, then I went to my car to open up the driver's side back seat door to let AU jump in.

I had left my driver's side door open as I did all this, and I climbed into my car and closed the door. I was grabbing my seatbelt with my right hand to pull it across me to buckle it in, when on the other side of my steering wheel, I saw an envelope on my dashboard.

It wasn't there when I went into the store.

I picked it up...it was pale yellow with darker yellow butterfly outlines on it. In the upper left corner, in cursive writing was the word "Enjoy"

I opened it up and there was a $100 dollar bill inside! :o

This is an itty bitty town, and of course, I saw folks in the store who I recognized, but do to it being the 4th of July weekend, there are a lot of visiting relatives in town and tourists. The store was busy, but not hectic busy or anything...the other handicap parking spot on the other side of the ramp was empty. A lot of times both spots are in use.

So I have no idea who left that envelope in my car, or why?

I don't know if they knew me, or just thought AU was funny looking as he sat in the drivers seat, or that they just wanted to give someone a nice surprise, and my car was the only one with the windows down, or because it was parked in the Handicap spot. ???

Usually when keep the car running and the AC on, the windows stay up....but it was one of those days where I didn't feel like it would hurt to lower the windows for AU, and still not let him over heat, especially since I knew he would crawl into the driver's seat and be sitting directly in front of the AC vents.

Anyway...yeah, it was an unexpected surprise and too, it's a Lot of Money! I'm still kind of stunned by it.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Very Odd Surprise

Post by Darcy McBride »

What a good surprise for you! It is nice to still see some good happenings in the world!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED