Power Stone

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Power Stone

Post by Laurel Addams »

I love this mare and her foals lots, basically.

Power Stone's dam, Hold the Torch, was a late in the season AJ pickup during my second sim year. Hold the Torch had produced a stakes winner in Ash Tarasin's Animus, and an allowance, both several years before, and not a whole lot since. I was new, so I didn't have much money and ended up sending her to Thanos, since he threw a good number of allowances and stood for only 10k. Hold the Torch died foaling a filly I later named Power Stone.

When Festivus rolled around, that filly was one of the big surprises of my first "real" foal crop when she galloped stakes late bloomer. As a two year old, Power Stone was decent, breaking her maiden first out, then picking up checks in stakes company. As a new three year old, Power Stone improved to freak, becoming my first homebred freak, and quickly picked up her first stakes win.

She was a frustrating horse to run at times, but picked up several more stakes wins throughout her career despite my questionable at times management of her. As a broodmare, though, she's been even more fun that she was on the track. Her first foal was an allowance by Poet's Corner that never got it together on the track, but she retired this year as a blue hen.

I leased Power Stone to Em for her Y62 foal, which resulted in a daughter of Marvel - Captain Marvel. I've been waiting very impatiently for this filly to run for a long time now, and this week she took home the Steward's Cup Debutante to become my first SC (and trophy) winner! I'm still in a bit of disbelief over it, but can't wait to see what else is in store for next year.

Looking forward, Power Stone has a stakes late bloomer by Mr. Wonderful that will hit the track next year, as well as a foal by Dave Matthews Band. This family has already helped me hit a lot of milestones, and I'm hoping they'll continue to do that for a long time to come.
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Power Stone

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Congrats on the SC win! Hope Power Stone continues to do well for you with her foals.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Lovely story Laurel! I've always thought the AJ mares provide us with our best lines. Looking forward to following her foals next year, I have them in my alerts to keep tabs on. Her headshot is one of my favorites, what a beautiful mare!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Gorgeous mare and wonderful story! Looking forward to future foals!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Lovely mare! Big congrats to that SC win!!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 9 months ago Congrats on the SC win! Hope Power Stone continues to do well for you with her foals.
Thank you! Congrats on a great W16 yourself!
Autumn Blackmill wrote: 9 months ago Lovely story Laurel! I've always thought the AJ mares provide us with our best lines. Looking forward to following her foals next year, I have them in my alerts to keep tabs on. Her headshot is one of my favorites, what a beautiful mare!
<3 Thanks for always listening to me wax poetic in the chat room! And yes, love those AJ mares!
Darcy McBride wrote: 9 months ago Gorgeous mare and wonderful story! Looking forward to future foals!
Thank you, Darcy!
Ma Springs wrote: 9 months ago Lovely mare! Big congrats to that SC win!!
Thank you!! Congrats on your filly running second, I adore her name!
Standing at stud
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

It's been a while since I've updated this thread, but Power Stone is still my absolute favorite. Her Mr. Wonderful daughter, Infinity Stones, improved to freak week 8, and became the second G1 winner for her dam tonight!

Looking forward, Power Stone's yearling by Napoleon, Law, is a freak, and my foal out of Captain Marvel is a stakes, so hopefully there's plenty more to come :)
Standing at stud
Codebreaker - DR, 5k