EquiArmor Broodmare Book (Like Finding A Subscription You Forgot You Had)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

EquiArmor Broodmare Book (Like Finding A Subscription You Forgot You Had)

Post by Tammy Fox »

I have to laugh because I just realized I never used my subscription to the EquiArmor Broodmare Book until today. I did not even realize I was missing its purpose totally. I went through the whole year after I subscribed not using it and then discovered the real purpose today as I was looking at what I was going to need GP wise to keep up the subscriptions.
I am not sure I will renew it for next year since I went through the whole year not even using it. I just looked at each mare's page to see what they had produced and such before deciding whether to breed, sale, or not breed this year.
I would assume if you had like 500 plus mares then perhaps it would be useful but with a smaller mare band I can see who produced a stakes horse or who won a stakes as a racer etc by just looking at their page.
I also use custom barns so I go through my mares and those that are consistent producers of allowance and stakes get put in what I call a premier mare barn. I also have all my mares separated into barns based on their designation of formidable, Star, or Blue hen. I don't keep anything below those ratings.
So what do others who have this subscription find it useful for. I am just curious if I am missing out on other advantages of having this special feature since I generally look at each of my mare's pages as I go through each year to see if their are some that I want to cull or not.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: EquiArmor Broodmare Book (Like Finding A Subscription You Forgot You Had)

Post by Nicole Marie »

A while back I asked for clarification on exactly what it did, and if people who had it felt it was worth it. Most people (if not all) who commented or PM'd me told me that they didn't really think it was worth it unless, like you said, they have a massive barn. I decided not to pay for it due to group consensus at the time. Now the fact that it exists as a feature and to my knowledge has never (or not recently) been discounted to encourage more people to buy it, that tells me that if it isn't popular, it's at least popular enough. But it's not something that sounds helpful for me, either.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Like you, I subscribed one year and never used it. I agree you need to have a lot of mares to make it worth while..maybe, someday, lol
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

The other reason is you have a few (3+) very valuable mares that are 12 or 13. I used it 2 times for that purpose but not since.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I use it to help me weed out mares I no longer like to keep, for that purpose alone it’s worth it. But I also have a very large broodmare band so this saves me a ton of time
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

There are additions I would like that would make it a more valuable addition imo, but I don’t see admin/steward making changes any time soon
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Thanks for the responses. I probably will not renew it since I basically did what it does just by going through each mare's page. Besides really the only time I look at each mare's page is at the beginning of the sim year once festivus is over to see how each mare produced with the current yearling crop and at the end of each sim year during the break to check over them again so I can cull which mares are not working with my breeding program.
I am sure I can find many more things to use Game Points on and still want more for other things.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

What is the Broodmare Book? I could never find any information on what it is. All it says is you get some stats on the mares, but what is it? Is it like the stud book?
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k